LegacyGT.com

Fixing the big scratch on my front bumper (help!)

t0ad

So I have a huge scratch on my front bumper as you can see below the grill here:

http://www.softwarepirate.net/pics/car/drivewayshot06.jpg

Came with the car unfortunately .. but I did get them to discount the price because of it :) Anyways, I picked up an ABP pen from paintscratch.com as well as a clearcoat pen. My question is .. how should I go about fixing such a large scratch?

I know about using several thin layers, but my main problem lies with smoothing it out so it's not so obvious looking. How do you go about smoothing out the touched up area without 'smoothing out' the surrounding area and making the scratch look even more out of place? Tape it off before buffing? Right now all I have left is a little Poorboys SSR 2.5, but I'm thinking that might be a little too rough? Input appreciated :icon_bigg

You could try products like Langka (or Mother's Scratch Repair -- same product) but nothing short of professional work will make it completely go away.

There are people who specialize in bumper repair without having to respray the entire thing. I've had scratches and damage repaired very successfully like that. A job like that will probably run $200-$300. Just make sure the person doing it knows what they are doing (ie. mixes in plasticizers with the bumper paint).

Go for a bumper repair place. BTW the paintscratch.com pen sucks big time! You will see when you get it.

Aorund here it is $250 to repaint a bumper.

X

I dunno, they look alright from what I can tell.. we'll see though.

$250 to repaint the entire bumper?! Geez, a place around here wanted over $400 (asked them to fix the screw holes for the front plate that I don't need though)

Well i got the same pens, and the tips were pretty big, and the little fibers came off with the paint.

Yes, $250, colormatched, and they take off the bumper and repaint it, not on the car to avoid overspray.

X

---

You should try to fix those long scratches down either side too...

haha I would, but I bought it used and whoever worked at the original dealer thought it was a good idea to cut the stripes on the car and leave little scratches at both ends of them :icon_mad:

Archived