LegacyGT.com

Fix for vibration in clutch pedal

This modification is to remove the buzz or high frequency vibration that can be felt in the 2.5i clutch pedal, especially above 3000rpm. I live in Australia. Replace the clutch Master Cylinder and Slave Cylinder with those from the Turbo Liberty GT. The Liberty GT Master Cylinder incorporates a Hydraulic Damper whose function is to remove vibrations in the hydraulic fluid which would otherwise be felt in the pedal. The bore diamter of the Master Cylinder has increased relative to the standard part in order to lower the hydraulic pressure in the clutch circuit. This allows the damper to work more effectively. Because of this increase in bore diameter of the Master Cylinder, the original Slave Cylinder also needs to be replaced with the matching unit from the Liberty GT, in order to obtain the same clutch pedal feel. The result will be a clutch pedal with no vibration and the same feel as the orginal clutch pedal. Total cost $550 Australian. I have done all of the above and am very happy with the result. Shane.

Archived