LegacyGT.com

Fitment of C-Mod grille

Fit and finish seemed fine with mine. Maybe not OEM perfect, but as good as I was expecting for an aftermarket part. I've noticed that I have some rust showing through the paint were one of the metal tabs is (which holds the mesh in place). Not sure if who's fault that is, perhaps the place that painted it. I've had it installed for 2 years I think.

Was fine on mine too, except the gap toward the top of the grill where it meets the hood/hood rubber gasket is larger than OEM. You can see the push/pop-clips if you level with the grill.

Toward the bottom, where two screws hold the OEM grill in place, I opted not to use screws and had to trim those sections (on the grill, not the bumper cover of course) for a snug fit.

The stock mesh is junk so I replaced it with a powder-coated mesh off of customcargrills dot com. Reinforced the metal clips that hold the mesh in place a bit as well because every other visit to the car wash caused it to pop out or loosen up on one or both sides.

Overall the recently advertised eBay/Jason grills are a much better fit.

Was fine on mine too, except the gap toward the top of the grill where it meets the hood/hood rubber gasket is larger than OEM. You can see the push/pop-clips if you level with the grill.

Toward the bottom, where two screws hold the OEM grill in place, I opted not to use screws and had to trim those sections (on the grill, not the bumper cover of course) for a snug fit.

The stock mesh is junk so I replaced it with a powder-coated mesh off of customcargrills dot com. Reinforced the metal clips that hold the mesh in place a bit as well because every other visit to the car wash caused it to pop out or loosen up on one or both sides.

Overall the recently advertised eBay/Jason grills are a much better fit.

$150 for the C-Mod and still having to modify it is not worth it.

• 8 months later...
It'd be easier, but not necessary. If you have a stubby screwdriver, you can get to the screws that hold the stock grille in place

I used a 1/4 ratchet with a socket and phillips bit to get mine out for plasti-dip. I also used a small magnet to keep the bit from falling out so easy.

It's not at all there's only 2 screws in the top and 2 in the bottom, of course all the pop-its in the top too. The top 2 screws are on the outter edges and accessible with a regular screwdriver, then the bottom 2 are center of the outer edges and the center of the grill so "1/4" of the way in from each side. Literally took me 10 minutes the first time doing it going in "blind" and less than 5 minutes the 2nd time. It helps alot to remove the intake funnel and plastic gaurd between the grill and radiator.

Good thing I didnt pull the trigger on the Cmod grill for my 13' legacy. Cost and shipping is quite steep. Its ashame how they're is little to no options for grills repacement for 13's and up. I want a clean look that the 2010-2012 models have with Grillcraft. :/

Good thing I didnt pull the trigger on the Cmod grill for my 13' legacy. Cost and shipping is quite steep. Its ashame how they're is little to no options for grills repacement for 13's and up. I want a clean look that the 2010-2012 models have with Grillcraft. :/

It's coming from Hong Kong or Thailand. Don't remember which. It's not a bad price and it's a worthwhile investment if u ask me

Archived