LegacyGT.com

First Stage I Logs, Questions, and Impressions

z28dreams

Hi all,

I am attaching several logs from my first run on Stage I. The maps are MickeyD's from romraider, revision 3.

Here are the stats:

2005 Legacy GT 5EAT - around 34k miles on it

Completely stock, except for a TruCool transmission cooler

Outside Temperature: 60* F

Atmospheric Pressure: 14.95... I think? Maybe 15.95?

Gas: 93 octane ( with 10% ethanol )

The logs are a bit scattered because I didn't have a great road to pull on. I kept trying to do short runs in both automatic and manual modes. The zip files has all of the logs, feel free to analyze as you see fit.

I've also attached the learning view, which shows all 0's (good I think!)

Questions

1. When in manual/sport mode, my car feels gutless. Particularly in 4th gear, I felt like it took FOREVER to go from 3000rpm to 6000rpm or so. Normal?

2. This flash really seems to hold the revs. Should I be hitting 7k rpm in 3rd gear? I'm thinking about pulling back the rev limit in the flash

Impressions

- City driving is waaaaaaaay nicer. My huge complaint before was that this car felt like a civic unless I hammered on it. This has really fixed that

- Overall while the car is faster, it actually doesn't feel that way. The reason is that you feel less of a quick rush from the turbo. These maps seem to spool it up more smoothly. Before it kind of felt like.... here it comes .. here it comes.... WHAM. Now it's more like a linear ramp up.

- I'm a little nervous about hitting the rev limiter around 7k rpm or higher when running WOT.

- Still quite disappointed in performance above 60mph, but I guess that's just the nature of a small displacement engine.

Logs & learning view attached. Sorry they are so scattered.

First log is just cruising towards the free way.

The next few are a pull in auto mode, and a 4th gear pull.

In the last few logs are a random few more auto pulls and a 3rd gear pull to as much as I could get on the road.

I will re-log at another time for cleaner 3rd gear pulls!

Here's a link to the zip:

http://www.neighborlistings.com/logs/2005-5eat-stageI-logs.zip

Thanks in advance!

Weird assortment of logs, there is not any knock though.

Ya, like I said I was just cruising around in bad traffic after I first flashed it and logged what I could.

I'm going to redo 3rd and 4th gear from 2000 - redline.

Infamous - how slow is 4th gear? For some reason a WOT run in manual mode feels like there is no power at all.

Z28 its the same thing that would happen if you put 4th in a 5mt and started from 2000 rpms. Thats just how gears work.

I remember when i had a 5eat its dropping down to close to 30mph in 4th to have a starting point of 2k rpms.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Infamous - how slow is 4th gear? For some reason a WOT run in manual mode feels like there is no power at all.

Depends on where you are in the rpms, 4th in the MT is the closet gear to 1:1, therefore it is the strongest by far. I don't know the 5eat's gearing off the top of my head, however I am sure it is the same.

Depends on where you are in the rpms, 4th in the MT is the closet gear to 1:1, therefore it is the strongest by far. I don't know the 5eat's gearing off the top of my head, however I am sure it is the same.

Here's the gearing:

5EAT

• 1st - 3.080
  • 2nd - 2.264
  • 3rd - 1.471
  • 4th - 1.000
  • 5th - 0.834

I wonder if there is something screwy with my sport/MT mode.... I'll run some logs and time how long it takes to get from 2000-7000rpm in 4th.

Archived