LegacyGT.com

First set of Silverstar Ultras dead

mars_volta

Do not waste money on those bulbs. Trust me, I went thru at least 5 sets in two years. Go HID and forget about it.

+1

Well actually I can't speak for the silverstars, never tried them.

Thought about them, but then everyone was talking about HID's, so I did it, and never thinking about going back again.

lost my silverstars after 6 months. Wont do that again.

FWIW the light output of NORMAL silverstars (cant say for ultras) are hardly different in light color or quantity.

cheapy sylvania h4LLs ftw.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

actually.. back when I went to the beach with my HIDs and parked on a slight incline.. the only thing I got from a chick was her covering her eyes as she walked past.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Plus, HID's are sexy, and any girl you shine your beam on will instantly not be able to resist taking off her panties and throwing them at your headlights.

Guaranteed or your money back.

:lol::lol::lol: You watch too much TV!;)

H7 bulb design choice + daytime running lights that aren't an independent bulb = recipe for failure.

I'll be happy when the 2010 Legacy comes out with HIDs to finally get the car into the 21st century.

Oh wait......

^^^ Fixt

:lol:

well you know the funny thing is after running my hids for a bout a year one of the ballasts or ignitors burned out. :confused:

could have just been a faulty set. It was a mcculloch 5300k kit with the battery relay wire harness.

My current halogens have lasted for a while. If they go out they're cheap to replace and available at pretty much even a gas station so I dont mind so much.. other than the terrible yellow light they put out.

Haha, this thread is hilarious! All we need now is Billy Mayes to pitch this kit! Or Vince Offer, if he doesn't get beaten up by another prostitute.

But aren't HID's known for a myriad of problems and expensive repairs if ballasts go bad or stop working mysteriously?

Haha, this thread is hilarious! All we need now is Billy Mayes to pitch this kit! Or Vince Offer, if he doesn't get beaten up by another prostitute.

But aren't HID's known for a myriad of problems and expensive repairs if ballasts go bad or stop working mysteriously?

Eh idk... I bought the DDM kit which comes with lifetime warranty, so I'm not too worried.

...and expensive repairs if ballasts go bad or stop working mysteriously?

OEM maybe.

But most aftermarket kits come with very long warranties (such as lifetime). Even if you do have to replace a balast you're only looking at roughly the cost of a set of Silverstar bulbs anyway :)

Archived