LegacyGT.com

First oil change - '09 Spec B

Hey guys, when would you advise for a very first oil change on an '09 Spec B? I was thinking after the first 1,000 km, just to flush out the engine of any dust bunnies :)

The salesman said this wasn't a bad idea. But when I spoke to the service desk, they said 'don't bother', wait for your first maintenance at 6,000 km

I change mine every day before I drive it.

You people are nuts :lol:

Fool! I've been changing it *after* I drive it. That way, the oil is good'n hot. ;)

Seriously though, this was the first (and probably last) brand new car I ever bought. I get super anal about breaking in new engines. For the extra $100 or whatever it was that it cost me, it was worth it to me.

Hey guys, when would you advise for a very first oil change on an '09 Spec B? I was thinking after the first 1,000 km, just to flush out the engine of any dust bunnies :)

The salesman said this wasn't a bad idea. But when I spoke to the service desk, they said 'don't bother', wait for your first maintenance at 6,000 km

6K? The Subaru literature states 3,750 for all turbo motors.....I did my first at 1k just to get the syntec in....

Fool! I've been changing it *after* I drive it. That way, the oil is good'n hot. ;)

Seriously though, this was the first (and probably last) brand new car I ever bought. I get super anal about breaking in new engines. For the extra $100 or whatever it was that it cost me, it was worth it to me.

I change mine every day before I drive it.

You people are nuts :lol:

:eek: You've gotta be really sinister to question the wisdom of THE MAN's reply.

On the LEgacy and the Forester, the oil was changed at 500, 1500, 3000 then every 3000 religiously. That's according to my Bible.

:eek: You've gotta be really sinister to question the wisdom of THE MAN's reply.

Sinister or crazy? :spin:

OCD much?

Just follow the manufacturer's recommendations.

I agree with his process because I think that lots of crap left from the manufacturing process/break-in process/whatever happens early on and more oil changes are beneficial. The oil filter won't catch and keep it all unless you got the super special Canton filters that filter down to a bazillion microns.

Maybe it is OCD, but it's no worse than those that wash their car every week. I'd say the majority here are auto enthusiasts and most will have whatever 'quirks' that comes along with being one.

+1

Get 10% off using coupon code YM4.

+1 and also get the valve with the Nipple, then you can go to Home Depot, Lowes, etc and buy some tubing, and hook it up to the nipple and route the hose directly into oil bottles or a pan.

Not a single spilled drop, or splashing of the oil :cool:

i have the quick drain and love it for a long time now. i tend to get paranoid and wonder if anyone would ever see mine and wanna drain it while its out in public. a lock would be nice lol

I think my car is too low for someone to see it, and reach it.

Archived