LegacyGT.com

Finally got my OBXT!

INVNO1

Hey guys, wanted to post up my OBXT. I will start with a bit of a story on how I came to want this car first.

First off, I have been a Honda guy since the mid 90's, but when Subaru release the WRX at the end of 01' I had wanted one more than any Honda. So, I ended up picking up an 02' WRX sedan and just fell in love. BUT my love for what you can do with a Subaru was limited with my sedan. My wife had an 03' Forester and I liked the extra room that was available in the back. So, from there I decided I wanted to get a wagon. I found an 05' WRX wagon not to far from me that needed some love. I picked that up, got everything working and running. Got that car to over 300whp and drove it for a bit. I loved the car but there just still didn't seem to be enough room. I fish a lot and love to do weekend trips with the family(wife and 2 kiddos). So I sold off the wrx wagon, sold the last Honda, and here I am with my 06' OBXT. I am a black car kinda guy so this one was no different. Black on black leather Limited manual trans. I am also a one of those guys who can't leave ANYTHING alone! LOL! So, I have had the car a week and here is the list of parts I have already gathered

**List edited 10-13-15**

Driveline

-Torque Solutions short shifter

-Torque Solutions F&R shifter bushings

-Group N trans mount

-TIC cross member bushings

-Redline fluids

-Moore Performance Blast Plates

Wheels/Suspension/Brakes

-Whiteline F&R sway bars

-AVO rear sway braces

-Whiteline rear lower control arms

-Feal Suspension 441 coilovers 6k Front 8k rear

-Whiteline front lower control arm bushings

-Enkei RPF1 17x9 +35

-Bridgestone RE760 245/45/17

-Wilwood front calipers

-Wilwood BP-10 pads

-Brakeswap.com front slotted LGT rotors

-Brakeswap.com Wilwood mount kit

-LGT rear calipers

-Stoptech slotted rear rotors

-Hawk HP+ rear pads

-Stoptech brake fluid

Engine

-EJ257 block halves

-New STI nitrated crank

-ACL Race bearings with MicroBlue coating

-Pauter X-beam rods

-Manley 99.5mm pistons

-New 11mm STI oil pump

-Killer B oil pickup

-Killer B oil baffle

-Killer B oil pan external powder coated with clear coat

-ARP headstuds

-07' STI V25b heads ported and blended

-Cosworth valve springs

-Cosworth retainers

-Supertech valves

-Gates blue timing belt kit

-TGVs deleted and ported

-Crawford V2 AOS

-AP equal length header ceramic coated and heat wrapped

-Grimmspeed ceramic coated EWG uppipe

-Grimmspeed downpipe ceramic coated and heat wrapped

-Turbosmart 45mm Hypergate 14psi

-Turbo XS fmic pipes powder coated wrinkle black

-Tial Q bov

-KS Tech 73mm intake with heat shield powder coated wrinkle black

-AVO turbo inlet w/3" turbo side

-ATP GT3076R w/TR3030R billet compressor wheel

-GMS 3" exhaust for LGT modded tips for OBXT powder coated high temp matte black

-Cobb V3 AccessPort

Fueling

-DW300c 340lph fuel pump

-FIC 1100cc topfeed injectors

-FIC conversion fuel rails

-6an black fuel lines

-Aeromotive fpr in black

-Russel -6an fittings in black

Misc

-6000k 35w HIDs

-trimmed, painted, and blacked out OBXT grill

-Modded front bumper for FMIC (Thanks to Kongzilla for showing the way)

On to the few pics I have right now. I will post some more later this week.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/Rubenn27/OBXT/IMG_0193_zps74ff724b.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/Rubenn27/OBXT/IMG950147_zpsa863d32d.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/Rubenn27/OBXT/IMG950148_zpsd51ef242.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably gonna go Blouch Dom 2.5xtr or ATP GT3076r

Cool! Snow should be coming, hopefully you don't have rear end side-to-side issues most of these have. Also, there is a kick-ass alignment shop in Kzoo. Look up Foreign Car Services. The shop owner is an ex-factory Porsche mechanic and does legendary chassis service.

Cool! Snow should be coming, hopefully you don't have rear end side-to-side issues most of these have. Also, there is a kick-ass alignment shop in Kzoo. Look up Foreign Car Services. The shop owner is an ex-factory Porsche mechanic and does legendary chassis service.

It does have a weird rear end sway but that's why I bought the Whiteline rear sway bar.

congrats for entering the rabbit hole! I am sure in 6 mos you will be deeeeep in it like the rest of us obxt nuts..:)

Rabbit hole?.... Bro, I have been in there since I could drive!! LOL! This is why I have never smoked, don't do any drugs, and rarely get a beer! My extra spending money goes into my cars. I am a little worried about this one though as this is the first time in 10+ years that I only have one car to put my money into. My daily driver is paid for through my work.

I would. Gotta take the dp out to do the uppipe anyways.

Yeah, that's why I am just gonna wait. Also, I am going to ceramic coat the uppipe and downpipe before I install them. Just gotta decide on what color ceramic to use on them. I have a few colors to choose from in stock. My Invidia dp for my wrx I ceramic coated blue but I didn't like it. It just didn't look right when you looked under the hood and saw it. Probably just stick with either a matte or gloss black for these ones. IDK yet

Torque Solutions short shifter is in, Accessport is in and mounted, OTS Stage 1 93oct map is loaded until I get the up and dp installed, few new pics, and found a couple things that need to be addressed asap.

-boost doesn't go past 7psi. Pretty sure it's the factory ebcs. I have an AEM Tru Boost gauge type controller to fix that

-oil leak from pass side. Either valve cover gasket, oil cooler gasket, or both. Already have new ones just gotta put them on

-brakes SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! Brembos as soon as this motor is done and in!

On to some new pics

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/Rubenn27/20130912_144721_zps1cc350d6.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/Rubenn27/20130912_155544_zps4b0ae715.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/Rubenn27/20130912_155604_zps5978bd50.jpg

Also had a leak on the intercooler so I ordered a new one today. IIR still has a bunch of the Torque Solutions TMICs and for pretty cheap. Ordered one of those and an AVO throttle body hose to fix the fitment issues.

So........... my Torque Solutions tmic, AVO throttle body coupler, Mr. Gasket seal, and t-bolt clamps came in and I proceeded with the install today. Definitely not a very good design on that intercooler! I DID get it installed and with no leaks though. It WILL be coming off as soon as Grimmspeed releases theirs though. Pics later tonight to tomorrow.

Archived