LegacyGT.com

Finally got my dream car

YES, I KNOW ITS ALL IN CAPS AND THAT USUALLY DENOTES LOUD SPEECH AND/OR EXCITEMENT. That's pretty much how I've been talking to people for the last 5 days haha. I can't even begin to describe how excited I am to back in the subie family!!

It finally happened on Monday. After working with an auto broker for the last month with no luck (I had a couple grand worth of negative equity from my 06 civic to roll in, and I WAS NOT going to overextend myself), I finally found my baby up in Pine, being sold by a nice older couple. They had 3 other subaru's on the premises, and after talking with them for a while, paperwork was signed.

It's an 06 Legacy GT Limited, auto, Atlantic Blue Pearl, 63000 miles, brand new tires AND a nearly new set of nancooks on rims with studs, white and black leather interior, VERY well maintained engine and interior, some dents and scratches here and there (nothing that can't be fixed for relatively cheap)...the broker ended up machining the front rotors, replacing pads, changing belts, oil change, tint, and detail. THANKS JOHN FAST AT CENTENNIAL LEASING!

This is my 3rd subie, and boy am I glad to be back in the fold! My first was an 85 GL station wagon that was absolute beast mode. Rust bucket with oodles of duct tape and an incredibly ghetto house speaker setup installed, the only time it ever got stuck was when three wheels were off the ground (ill advised attempt at "busting through" some snow pack that turned out to be ice pack). She finally gave up the ghost at around 400K, but provided years of wonderful, albeit frequently oil topped, worry free service. Next up was the 91 Legacy L wagon (thanks nana) that was a giant step up for me. power everything, full time AWD, seats that weren't held together with whatever I could find laying around...it was my little blue lady. Excellent but short lived, our marriage involved two glorious years before an electrical overhaul (I finally learned how to do a bit of wrenching..starter, alternator, some relays and lots of wiring) culminating in her sale a couple years back. That was when I picked up my first honda. GREAT car. 06 civic. Comfortable, great gas mileage, lots of amenities, but I should NEVER have purchased it knowing full well that in 05 they switched up the legacy. Basically, I've been cruising around with drivers remorse for the last two years haha.

SO, it finally happened on monday. My dream car is now in my possession, and I'm pretty much happier than a pig in shit.

You (collectively you) know exactly how much fun this car is, but I feel like charlie opening up that second wonka bar and finding the golden ticket.

BLOWN AWAY by the power. It's absolutely fantastic, and I have a perma grin the moment my keys touch my hand as I head downstairs towards the parking lot. I've found, in the last few days, that suddenly the King Soopers 20 miles away is an EXCELLENT place to shop. That dry cleaners in boulder might be getting some of my tshirt business. Kansas would be a great place to visit in november. etc etc. Any excuse I have to drive this modern marvel of ingenuity is acted upon immediately.

Luxury, fantastic looks, comfort...this car has it all.

a HUGE thank you to icy (random member I met at a stoplight by my house and started asking questions...thanks again man) for showing me the light. I've already started some of the DIY cheap mods - seatbelt dinger (looking like an OCD patient momentarily is worth the ding freeness), debadging, one click alarm, and soon...the front grille. There is such an incredible wealth of knowledge on here...I would just like to say THANK YOU in advance to all of the knowledgeable members. I have a feeling absolutely EVERY question I have can be answered by simply reading and trying.

Anywho, cheers to everybody, and look forward to enjoying the HELL out of my new baby, and coming here for any and everything subie related.

Cory

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4131/5045798384_c51a8db1bd.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4089/5045788188_d5ac35b988.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4128/5045166033_c72ccd7c63.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4084/5045167839_dc1920974a.jpg

sorry for the crappy pics, haven't fine tuned the camera phone yet

Congratulations and sweet ride! ABP was my next color choice if I couldn't get my OBP. Pics aren't that bad either for a (smart?)phone.

Welcome and enjoy! You've already been bit by the modding bug lol.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Thanks man! That black is SEXY, woulda been my #1 choice as well...but I'm pretty happy with the ABP! It's an HTC Evo btw, so fairly "smart" phone, but unfortunately the operator doesn't have the photography knowledge to use it to its full potential.

Ya, once I started seeing all of the different mods, it was over. Like a fat kid with cake. The front grille and cleared lights (once I figure out a legal bulb replacement) are definitely next up. The engine is gonna happen eventually, but I want to make sure I have the money to do it proper.

It's a very cool feeling to be able mod your own rig!! Hooray for subies

lets see how long does it take you to get bored xD

I am so far beyond bored after two years... and on top of that, the impractical nature of the car (no fold down seats, no rack mounting points on the roof, no space for the dog) are really getting to me... I use my fiance's Forester XT more frequently than I use my GT. Wish I had gotten a Forester myself. Maybe in a year or so i'll trade up for an STi Hatch.

I am so far beyond bored after two years... and on top of that, the impractical nature of the car (no fold down seats, no rack mounting points on the roof, no space for the dog) are really getting to me... I use my fiance's Forester XT more frequently than I use my GT. Wish I had gotten a Forester myself. Maybe in a year or so i'll trade up for an STi Hatch.

Wagon:lol:

2005 LGT Wagon. Everything you want, plus more:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Wagon:lol:

2005 LGT Wagon. Everything you want, plus more:lol:

That ship has sailed... if I were to trade up my 5 year old sedan, it would not be for a 5 year old wagon! I was on the lookout for one when I bought mine but I settled when I came across my sedan.

/ENDTHREADHIJACK

OP, I sincerely hope you are (and continue to be) happy with your purchase!

Lol it's all gravy man, you actually touched on the ONE thing I can't believe subaru didn't think of in this car...the folding rear seats! I dunno, as long as I can fit my clubs back there, and my skis through the hole (until I save up for a thule), I think I'll survive :D

Good luck finding your next ride!

^^^ from what I understand it takes alot of "right materials" to do the swap. Basically you need to find a totalled 07+ to take it from. But they do fold 40/60 w/ a pass through also. I have used it many a time.

As for JP@U1, just sounds like you settled and should have gotten a wagon or hatch. This is a VERY pratical SEDAN. AWD and great performance for under $35k (under $30 for those of us who got a good deal ;) )

Car looks good, I am at 68k 3 years in and am no where near bored. I just applied for a different position within my company that's gonna require an extra 20 mins drive (40 total, I know hop skip and jump for most of you guys) and I actually thought "great I'll get to drive more and wind down on my way home" :lol:

I'm 3 years/50k miles into owning my 05 LGT and it still puts a smile on my face (bought used with 55k miles). Altho, this board makes me feel like my car is going to fail horribly any time now.

First thing I did to my LGT was a full service; all fluids and plugs. Nice to have a blank slate and know when everything was done with a used car- keep on your maintenance..

Welcome to the ABP club! Enjoy your new car..

Like drift motion said, the 07 or 08+ have folding seats. I know my 08 does, but I'm not sure if it started in 07 or 08. But I digress...

Glad to hear that you found a car you love. I get compliments all the time on my car, and I'm sure you'll hear a ton yourself. Especially when people ride along and see what kind of fun you can have with AWD and a turbo.

You'd be surprised how the mod bug bites. I went through and did some of the cheap/DIY mods (grille, blacked out headlights, etc), and then pulled the trigger on some lowering springs in April. Now I'm full catless stage 2, front and rear 25mm perrin sway bars, and dropped some big cash on Work wheels. All in less than 6 months. I love every minute of driving it, so its worth it in my book.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Lol ya, I can tell, the mod bug has already bitten pretty hard. I'm probly gonna wait a bit on the performance side (I really don't even know what catless stage 2 and sway bars would do ha) until I do some research and whatnot...but i KNOW eventually I'm going to want a faster/funner ride :D

NICE. thanks bro

and ps just realized that there is actually a new members forum...my apologies everyone. Mods, feel free to move or delete this if it's any trouble.

ALSO just found a bit of helpful info on the search function... three letter words/abbreviations aren't recognized unless you add a * to the ends of them. VERY HELPFUL. My searching abilities just kicked up a few notches.

And ps this site ******* rocks!!!

You people have done just about everything I can think of to these cars. Excellent, excellent stuff.

Archived