LegacyGT.com

A few spec b questions

I'm in the process of buying an 07 spec b. with a few quick questions.

1. Are the stock Bilsteins height adjustable? Or adjustable at all?

2. Is the stock UP catted?

3. Is it possible to swap the black/blue interior with the red leather interior?

4. What is peak boost/max torque for the vf-46 to be pushing? Both semi-safely and harshly?

5. What horsepower/torque is the shortblock/transmision good for? Is the 6 speed stronger than the 5?

You know, all of those questions could be answered with just a teeny tiny bit of searching. You've been here long enough to know that. And not only that but you'd gain a wealth of knowledge for sifting through some of the posts.

Whatever you do, don't start your car without the TMIC installed. Or turn the crank backwards, etc. etc.

4) Depends on tune.

5) It's the same engine as yours and mine. Do some reading!

Transmission: do some more reading/searching! http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/6mt-abuse-123635.html

Whatever you do, don't start your car without the TMIC installed. Or turn the crank backwards, etc. etc.

You should put that as your signature. It'd be easier considering you say the exact same thing every chance you get. Find something else to hit me with.

Thanks for the quick answers everyone

Hye, iNVAR, may be hit him with something like, Check your oil level, these car use it.

Sorry, it's hard to keep us trolls at bay sometimes.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Shouldn't there be a compressor map somewhere for it ?

Don't those show optimum boost levels ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Regardless why would you wanna push the turbo to its max boost levels. It's far safer to go with a bigger turbo. Last thing you wanna do is feed your motor that turbo.

As far as the trans what are your goals for the car. Are you planning on a lot of power (being as you asking for the 46 boost limits I doubt it) or are you looking to launch the car.

You should put that as your signature. It'd be easier considering you say the exact same thing every chance you get. Find something else to hit me with.

Thanks for the quick answers everyone

I hit you with that all the time because those are the most memorable things you've posted about so far. I don't need to hit you with something else because what I consider what I'm hitting you with a pretty big hammer already.

You're welcome, for doing the searching for you re: transmission since you still seem incapable of searching for yourself.

As I said, peak boost depends on the tune. You shouldn't be asking what peak boost/torque is though. You should be asking what the ideal amount of boost to target at what RPM and tapering to what boost at redline would be and with how much timing, etc. etc.

And the answer to that is: almost the same as a VF40 with some slight improvement down low and mid-range. You can make a VF40 push a bit more boost out down low.... but it's not a good idea to go much farther than what's been established.

I'd like to have it to 300 horse on stock turbo/fueling. I've just heard the simple answer for the vf-40 of about 250 wtq and like 19 psi is leaving the safe range. It seems that the vf-46 is a little more complex.

And invar, did i give you a reason to hit me with that? (Even considering i didnt do damage to the car from that and a cobb tech told me it would be fine considering i ran it for a minute til it died, but you've heard that arguement before)

@ maxcapacity, i searched for a while, couldn't find any details.

I'd like to have it to 300 horse on stock turbo/fueling. I've just heard the simple answer for the vf-40 of about 250 wtq and like 19 psi is leaving the safe range. It seems that the vf-46 is a little more complex.
300whp is most likely not going to happen.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/vf46-capable-making-over-300whpi-93974.html

And invar, did i give you a reason to hit me with that? (Even considering i didnt do damage to the car from that and a cobb tech told me it would be fine considering i ran it for a minute til it died, but you've heard that arguement before)
You sort of deserve it from that other thread regarding BOVs and trying to give that other noob (yes, you are still a noob) crap. Noobs don't get to give other noobs crap, especially after your own thread. Don't forget that the post I'm referring to has you yelling at the guy to SEARCH. See the irony yet?

Except for general curiosity it won't mean much. You are not turning up boost unless you are self-tuning and if you’re not tuning well... this will get real interesting soon enough.

I suspect you'll just get it tuned by a competent tuner and he'll just tell you all that and more about your car.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Noobs don't get to give other noobs crap, especially after your own thread. Don't forget that the post I'm referring to has you yelling at the guy to SEARCH. See the irony yet?

^ I lol'd a bit:lol:

300whp from a VF46, I highly doubt thats possible even on a dynojet, let alone something with an accurate multiplier(s) (ie. a mustang or dynapack).

Whats with the obsession over numbers these days anyway? Are you looking to compensate for something?

Seems like every other thread I read is about someone looking to get some outlandish results from the stock turbo and fueling. Just for reference, the conservative tune I've been running for the past 60k on my 68HTA is right at 21psi peak, 305/335. And the car's fueling system (and everything else for that matter) is far from stock.

EDIT: ^ on a mustang dyno

The guy at ziptie said he's seen it with an ap and dyno tune. They're Cobb protuners. Also, the car has 0% leakdown and the compression is right around 110 in all cylinders....BUT the idle is totally off it will not hold steady at all. When throttle is given it drops to where it wants to die. That's the only thing holding me back from buying it for anyone who cares haha. Also, no boost leaks either. So good plugs and no boost leaks. Stock map too. Any ideas.

• I Donated
The guy at ziptie said he's seen it with an ap and dyno tune. They're Cobb protuners. Also, the car has 0% leakdown and the compression is right around 110 in all cylinders....BUT the idle is totally off it will not hold steady at all. When throttle is given it drops to where it wants to die. That's the only thing holding me back from buying it for anyone who cares haha. Also, no boost leaks either. So good plugs and no boost leaks. Stock map too. Any ideas.

110 is low. Sounds like all four ringlands are busted, or the compression test was done wrong. Most likely, if "the guy at ziptie" did the compression test, combine the fact that he thinks you can hit 300whp on a VF46 with the across-the-board low compression numbers, and the test was probably done wrong.

But 0% leak down too which is weird. I decided he wants too much for it so I'm gonna let him sit on it for a month but not to say you are wrong but they all said that consistency with compression is more important. They said factory is like 135 psi. Is that right? I thought it was 150

Archived