LegacyGT.com

A few questions before I go stage 1

BalboaT4

I got my accessport V2 in the mail today. After searching I have come up with a few questions. I have read about needing updated firmware and something about Dongle??? My AP has firmware v 1.3.0.0-8108 and under Dongle info says not connected. Will I need to download updates before connecting to my car? Also I have installed the AP manager and seem to have no maps for an 05 MT on the manger or the AP. I thought it came with preloaded maps? Thanks

Bought it new from Fred Beans Subaru. I am going to use the OTS cobb stage 1 map so I wont be datalogging. I think I am making it harder than it needs to be. So I just need to download the map I want, use the AP manager to transfer that to the AP and then I am ready to install on my car?

You shouldn't have to download anything. I bought my AP from KoP as well and it had all the maps pre-installed. Try unplugging it and plugging it back in just for the fun of it. Maybe it didn't pick it up for some reason. If not, try and call Cobb. See if they have a tech line who can give you some answers.

A full set of maps are preloaded on the accessport itself. Once you plug your AP into your computer via the USB and open the map manager software it will link up to your AP and show all the maps stored on the AP. The map manager allows you to load a new map from a file folder and then upload directly to your AP say if you bought an aftermarket tune for example or when cobb updated all its maps to version 1.18.

You should go to cobbs site and download the latest firmware updates, latest map manager software version and the accessport updater software. Once the updater software is installed and connected to your AP via the USB it searches for and downloads the latest updates automatically. Latest firmware update is version 1.3.0.4.

I would not worry about the dongle version as you probably have the latest.

A full set of maps are preloaded on the accessport itself. Once you plug your AP into your computer via the USB and open the map manager software it will link up to your AP and show all the maps stored on the AP. The map manager allows you to load a new map from a file folder and then upload directly to your AP say if you bought an aftermarket tune for example or when cobb updated all its maps to version 1.18.

You should go to cobbs site and download the latest firmware updates, latest map manager software version and the accessport updater software. Once the updater software is installed and connected to your AP via the USB it searches for and downloads the latest updates automatically. Latest firmware update is version 1.3.0.4.

I would not worry about the dongle version as you probably have the latest.

+1 to that.

Do you know if you have a 2005 or a 2005.5 LGT? How do you tell? I'm not sure :)

You can visit the Cobb site to download maps and put it on the AP if you find it really doesn't have any maps.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3268

LGT 2005 - http://www.accessecu.com/accessport/subaru/new/05LGTMaps.html

LGT 2005.5 - http://www.accessecu.com/accessport/subaru/new/05.5LGTMaps.html

As for your firmware version on the AP... Open your AccessPORT manager. You will also need to connect your AP to the computer via USB Data cable. Click on Help from the menu and click on Install Latest Firmware. It will actually download and install an application called AccessPORT Updater. You will need to shut down the AP manager to run AccessPORT Updater after it's installed.

For general questions on installation you should read the install manual that it came with. It answers pretty much any question that you may have and gives you the step by step on how to do it.

Latest firmware update is version 1.3.0.4.

My firmware is v1.3.2.0, just updated yesterday. http://tristatetuners.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_super.gif

Braille B2015, RBS grill, Borla CBE, Zero/Sports rad shroud, Hayden TC, Group A crank & alt pulley - Mike

you can get an e-tune that is designed for your intake from vendors on this board (PDX, Tuning Alliance to name a couple) that will scale the MAF so you're not running lean. However to truly dial it in I am told you need a wide band o2 sensor. I've been running on a stage 1 e-tune for my AEM CAI and it seems to be good so far.

Do you really need to log for stage 1? In the words of the famous infomercial, can you just "set it and forget it"?

Because this model car is relatively new, I can see the importance of logging if you have alot of mods and are experimenting to maximize your boost. But I would imagine the stage 1 flash is so basic, is there really a need to meticulously datalog?

I'm not all that power hungry, so having to data log every week to ensure proper AFR seems like too much of a hassle for 20 extra HP if I only plan track it every other year.

it's worth it to do a COUPLE logs for any tune you get to make sure it's running properly. not every week, if you log once and everything looks fine, then most likely everything will stay fine unless you change something mechanical in the car

That's exactly what I was thinking, but i wasn't sure if logging is something people do regularly during normal operations cuz everyone talks about it so much.

Thanks! I just got my VAG COM the other day, can't wait to try it out. Anyone know a good place for an OS Stage 1 other than Rom Raider?

Archived