LegacyGT.com

Feeler - SLC area Subaru owners who want help installing/tuning.

I am offering road, open source, tuning services for those wanting more power and safty for their car. I make sure to have attention to detail for each tune, and want you to be happy with the results. (I use Romraider/ECUflash/Learning View) I datalog all runs, to ensure the tune you have is safe. Let me know if are interested. Summer is here and it's a great time to get a tune. I will charge VERY reasonable rates for all services and make sure you are satisfied. PM me if you would like more info or have any questions. Thanks.

:icon_biggHave my Innovate LM-2 and Tactrix 2.0 cable now!!!

THE DYNO BELOW IS OF A STOCK 06 LTG 5M VS. MY CURRENT TUNE 06 LGT 5M. SAME ROAD, 3RD GEAR PULL.

PM me for Pricing and details

Pricing includes all revisions needed to ensure a safe tune. No need to worry about hourly rates or other charges. (However, I can install your basic stage 2 parts for additional charges if needed.) You can also drive your car for up to a week and I'll re-check your tune and make adjustments, if needed. I want you to love your tune!

Logan

1186037487_dyno5-17.png.11cffb42a1a2ca70c5c91c866018315a.png

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have not worked directly with anyone, but I can show you what I've done to my car and go over the tune and run a few logs in my own car. In addition to mechanical experience on cars, I've been working on motorcycles/dirtbikes since I was 8 with my father. Like I said, we can meet up whenever you would like and if you're not confident or comfortable, I won't be offended if you would rather not use my services. When are you planning on the install? I do have a solid stage 2 map, which I've customized for our area. Using that as a base we can fine tune it for your specific dp and up. I would also recommend you to get a tranny cooler for stage 2, since you have the 5EAT. I think most 5EAT owners would agree with that and I don't think they are too expensive. I'll PM you my number and what I'm thinking of charging. Give me a call anytime and we can discuss specifics in greater depth.

Thanks, I've already set up a few appointments for tunes. I really just enjoy working/tuning these cars, so I've been offering a very, very low price for a complete Open Source road tune, to get some word of mouth out there. If things go well and people like working with me and my services, I hope to offer people a less expensive and personal tuning/mechanical experience.

For the time being, I am still using my front o2 sensor, since I have the stock DP, minus the first cat. If I start getting people who are interested beyond a basic stage 2 (i.e more than turbo back exhaust, or a DP with the extra bung) it will be one of my next purchases, along with a Taxtric cable so I can expand beyond the 05-06 models, which are what the people I have getting requests from drive. I plan on getting the LC-1 for my wideband. That way I can use it with RomRaider, so no need for gauges, and it's what Infamous uses, who is the source of most of my education, as well as the RomRiader website. I appreciate the questions. I don't want people to think I'm going about this without a clue of what I'm doing. I have my first tune on Saturday, which I'm excited for. I'm sure the client will give some feedback of his experience (Stage 1 tune only) and we'll go from there. I will do a few stock 3rd gear WOT pulls to get a base HP and TQ reading, using Airboy's spreadsheet, which will allow us to see the actual gains from the tune, even if the numbers are not exactly "accurate" but, as you know, the gains will show accuratly against the stock numbers obtained from Airboy's sheet.

Learning View, Airboy's spreadsheet combined with Badnoodle's MAF sheet http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic5924.html

Originally Posted by collegemt http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

Are you comfortable tuning without a wideband? Or should we all get widebands before having you tune our cars?

From Infamous:

A wideband is NOT required, the only instances I need a wideband is for any setups running larger injectors.

The stock o2 sensor is not worthless. It does a fine job with basic set ups. Once you go with larger injectors the wideband is a must. But, with the tools mentioned earlier, you can keep your D cell (40+ g/s) at, or close to zero. Here is my latest Learning View:

It's not just WOT you need to keep an eye on. Anything above 40 g/s, or when open loop fueling, in general, is where you need to be as close to 0% off with your AFR's.

514383002_LearningView_SS_4-27-201031812PM.jpg.a08da1cdd87018fc75de3128f083949d.jpg

I have my open loop set to 11.02 from romraider. all of my logs show the same. The only time I saw it lean out is when I went back home, to Cali, and it consistantly went to 11.1, from the elevation change 4,500ft vs. 80ft. Just a slight difference in altitude ;).

I think we're getting a bit mixed up. When tuning either stage 1 or 2 with stock intake, injectors and a clean MAF, the WBo2 is not essential, since you usually do not change your fuel trims, unless going for a really aggressive tune where you do mess with your fuel trim numbers. I left my fuel trims alone and used boost, WGDC, and timing for the added power. The stock tables are very rich in open loop (as low as 10.5.1, I believe) so that's why I do not currently have a WBo2. You are limited to your fuel trim calibration. However, I do realize the limits of the stock o2 sensor. That's why I focus on my MAF while logging. I will get a WBo2 though, because you're right about the limits of the narrow band o2.

Originally Posted by Ridgeracer http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

infamous1...should he still get a WBO2 installed as well??

It is a good idea however not needed unless he had and intake or wanted to make the open loop fueling a bit more aggressive.

Note taken from infamous, who is one of the best tuners around. This is why he doesn't have people buy a WBo2 kit for his stage 1 and 2 e-tunes. Hope that explains things better. If not, pm infamous and he may be able to explain it better. Hope this makes sense to everyone following the thread.

First tune about half way done. Installing the UP on Tuesday and will finish road tuning. With just the stock first DP gutted and a slight tune we took 1.6 sec off of his 2005 5EAT 60-80mph 3rd gear pull.

First tune complete, letting the customer drive around for a few days, with a conservative tune while the ecu learns, then, if his numbers still look good. Will go for a bit more power.

Details:

2005 5EAT

gutted up and down pipe

mild tune, for now, 2 seconds off of his 50-80 1 second off of his 60-80 and 2 seconds off of his 3-6K time, all in 3rd gear.

It looks like RomRaider only supports the 08-09 2.5i, but honestly I have not tried to tune a 2.5i. You might want to send a PM to infamous. He may have the capability to do so. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Archived