LegacyGT.com

Fall Skyline Drive Cruise!!!.

The Gray Ghost

Saturday or Sunday??.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Saturday or Sunday??.

• Saturday 13 Nov.
    • Sunday 14 Nov.

Would you all prefer the 6th or 7th of Nov. I just wanted to do a cruise. Since we meet at 10 am at the Rite-Aid we may want to do the whole 105 miles if you want. Please give me your input. I want to have at least 5-8 folks, and it can be anyone who has AWD eg..other subies etc. Let's make this happen...I think it would be alot better than standing in a parking lot and talking about cars...plus this area is soooo boring...

If it's just about a cruise...yeah....that's cool. BTW, traveled west on I-68 and down into WV via I-77 & I-79. Seems like everything on the western side the main ridges is pretty much gone. Still some yellows and browns left, but I'd say 50% or more of the trees are already bare. However this side of the ridges I saw some absolutely brilliant colors on I-70/I-68 before Sidling Hill.

If you bump up the date, and stick with the Chesapeake Bay basin side of the mountains, you might still see something. I'll keep an eye on my schedule as a 'possible' for the 7th.

even if the trees are completely bare... Still should be fun.

I think this is what it will end up being about. If we can hit points further south, and maybe some foot hills on the east side of the ridge / mountains, there should be color. But fallen leaves (which there would be plenty of) would make for some awesome action video and stills. I'd be happy to do it, but I'm video cameraless at the moment, and good camera rental runs about $250 per day (Canon Z1U or similar) last time I did it in August 2009....which I can't afford right now.

Weather forecast (Charlottesville, VA area)

Saturday:

Partly Cloudy, high around 48°f in the valley, 36°f at elevation

Sunday:

Sunny, high around 53°f in the valley, 41°f at elevation

Good 'stay in your car' driving weather. Great conditions for photography it would appear too on Sunday.

I wasn't going to do C-Ville...this is for Skyline Drive in Front Royal. So....are we on for the 14th folks?. If so, we will meet at 10 AM at the Rite-Aid off of Rte.211 and start the cruise at 11 AM to the park, and also if you have cash it goes alot quicker at the gate!!. I hope we can make this a great event...and if you'd like I guess it would be cool if any AWD cars could come out...esp. subies!!.

So...are you saying now you guys don't want to go to the meet I have been putting all of this effort into?. If so, I will just cancel it...you know when I used to live in GA...the suby folks always wanted to get away from the norm and not just hang out in a parking lot and do restaurant meets..this really pisses me off because I may not be here much longer and I thought everybody would be down...in GA we made a decision and STUCK to a god damn plan....I am sorry for being frustrated, but I am sick and tired of all of the indeciveness especially after I have put the effort forth to set this up...why don't you all like cruises????. This will be fun....take some chances for crying out loud...just ranting...I am jobless....LOL...are you all just wanting to meet at GF first then go to Skyline Drive?. That would be fine then.....I wanted to set this up because it is a great cruise....

Mark

That sounds FUN... are they gonna be out in the cold? I know old people and cold weather mix like monks and guns

I am getting sick and tired of the old people remarks.... I should start making fun of young peeps.....I hear all of these YOUNG people making these smart ass comments about us and I am really sick of it...If you wanna look skinny...you hang out with fat people..that is what Rodney D said in Back to School......

Archived