LegacyGT.com

Failtune for the LGT (but found a healthy baseline)

Chad W

Took the LGT to Dentsport yesterday to get the software only tune done, and Matt was unable to talk to the ECU. He said that it was behaving as though it had already been tuned (and therefore locked) by AP or Ecutek. We were able to log, just not read or flash. The dyno run revealed very stock looking parameters (especially afr and close/open loop switch) so the chance that the vehicle is actually tuned is highly unlikely, especially considering I bought it brand new. I felt like this car was stronger than the rated 243 hp and the baseline does seem to confirm that. For reference a stock STI puts down between 215-225whp on this dyno.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/bobsapps/GetAttachment.jpg?t=1258558575

Next step is to try swapping ECUs and see if I can narrow it down to an ECU or wiring issue. If the ECU is merely locked, I just need to send it out and have it unlocked.

It's 93 octane and a manual. It's really just a question of the dyno. On this dyno a stock STi is puts down about ~220whp/~220wtq. It sounds like even if your car was on a less conservative dyno, it is putting out way more power, especially torque, than the stock rating. Regardless of dyno, no car puts out the same btq as it does wtq, so yours was clearly making more than the stock rating. What does your car do now after tuning?

Regardless of dyno, no car puts out the same btq as it does wtq, so yours was clearly making more than the stock rating. What does your car do now after tuning?

Yup, with 93 and 5mt looks like its just a difference in the dynos then.

Last Feb, I put down my best numbers of 315whp/340wtq @ 19psi on a VF52. Since mid-Summer or so I've made some changes to the car I haven't got her completely dialed in again to post any new numbers, works been keeping too busy.

It's about 3.5 hours, but I stayed at my Buddy's place in Springfield the night before. I used to race with COMSCC and when I blew up the engine in my Saabaru, the guys from DSG were right next to me in the pits to take of things (I mean at their shop, not in the infield). They did a hybrid STi block with vf22 for me and the car was sick. They also do all tuning for my buddy's dealership in Springfield, which is where I bought my LGT.

Those numbers seem about right for a stock 07'-09' Manual LGT. I put down 222whp/251wtq stock on a dynojet which are supposivly high reading dynos, so its probably simmular to what yours would be.

Will be interesting if it is locked from factory, maybe subaru wants to stop people from modding their cars. What is the build date of your car?

Archived