LegacyGT.com

Factory Nav

05LegacyGTLimited

Ok,

I have searched a lot and haven't found any information that I am looking for. I really want factory Nav, but I have an 09 GT Limited 5 speed so no nav for me. I have tried to find connectors but I can't find them (under the seat or behind the cubby) unless Subaru has them taped up hidden under the carpet or deep in the dash. Anyways, If I don't have the wires Im going to have to do some cutting/splicing. Not a big deal as long as its done right. I have read in a few threads, but its almost 50/50 as If I'm going to have to replace my ECU? I asked my dealer if there was two different ECU's for the GT Limited and they said no and as long as I have the wires its plug and play. Whats funny is that the dealer didn't have pictures of the 09 dash harness, but there was only 1 part number for the GT limited in auto and manual.

I know what I need, but do I need to replace the ECU? If not, I want to install the factory nav. If I dont have the wired Im going to need wire diagrams, but I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone have them?

Thanks

iirc correctly, there was a thread with a complete part/price list for the my06 nav system. Again, iirc the total cost was over $2000. Having had a factory nav for 3 years, I would not recommend paying 2k for one after the fact. Quite simply, your better off buying some extendable aftermarket gear and spending the rest of your money on a good installer/fabricator.

Thanks!! found what I needed!!

Well, I have a Magellan Maestro 4040 and I love it, but I like the look of the factory system. My 300M had factory Nav (AKA RB1) and I liked it better. Being able to hear the voice over the speakers and bigger screen help too. Getting the entire factory system wire connectors and all can be had for under $1K

Archived