LegacyGT.com

EZ-PASS Glamour Shots

turboliberty

I suppose it depends on the speed of the EZ_Pass lane. I was going through a 5 MPH one, a little too quick (rainy day, RE-92's slipped on the metal strips) and got a notice...as a warning. Second time, my brother did the exact same thing, and that's when it got suspended. Oh well, we both learned our lesson...the hard way.

I get similar shots in the mail for when my thing doesn't register in the fast lane. They send me a nice letter for $28 each time. Ouch. Like, do they expect you to stop in the fast lane if it doesn't register?? Not my fault the tag doesn't register.

I get similar shots in the mail for when my thing doesn't register in the fast lane. They send me a nice letter for $28 each time. Ouch. Like, do they expect you to stop in the fast lane if it doesn't register?? Not my fault the tag doesn't register.

Odd, and yes, it does suck. Mine is hidden behind the black 'sunscreen' on the windshield, so no one can see it outside...but it still registers. Maybe a faulty tag...might want to have it replaced...versus paying ridiculous fees all the time.

pa just flags it on the bill. They can still see your license matches the account. No 28.00 charge.

Cripes, in Mass it is a $50 charge, but they give you one free pass where they let you just pay the toll instead of the fine.

How much of a fudge factor do they give you? 25mph?

They don't really except you to go through at 5mph?

Are you more likely to get nailed getting on or off?

How much of a fudge factor do they give you? 25mph?

They don't really except you to go through at 5mph?

Are you more likely to get nailed getting on or off?

Our speed limit on the Mass Pike is 15 going through it, and I try to go under 20, though I think you may be able to get away with 25, but I wouldn't try it. It speeds the process up so much anyway I don't really mind slowing way down to go through.

I don't have any experience getting a ticket, since I don't use it regularly, so I am not sure about the on/off thing. I am guessing it makes more of a diff which exit you are at and which lane you go through than on or off.

neil

Only one is for speeding, I was only doing about 92 through the fast lane at 2am on a Saturday. The sign said "Maintain Speed". :)

The other two didn't register that same night when I went through the 15mph lanes. I was only doing about 20mph on those, I think I had a low balance or something. Each violation was $25 in addition to the toll cost.

if anything someone tailgating you seems to be a way to avoid the camera vs speeding. in nj in bad traffic the car behind you might as well be attached. actually having only a rear plate is prob the key to that working.

i dont have easy pass, but on nasty holidays like the 4th and memorial day sometimes i go through the easy pass on the way to nj shore. its not too bad now that theres only one booth on the way so not sure how many more times i will do that. i did get a pic of my car sent to the house once.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

if anything someone tailgating you seems to be a way to avoid the camera vs speeding. in nj in bad traffic the car behind you might as well be attached. actually having only a rear plate is prob the key to that working.

i dont have easy pass, but on nasty holidays like the 4th and memorial day sometimes i go through the easy pass on the way to nj shore. its not too bad now that theres only one booth on the way so not sure how many more times i will do that. i did get a pic of my car sent to the house once.

OT but where on the Jersey Shore do you go?

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

OT but where on the Jersey Shore do you go?

usually the lavalette or ortley beach area. now that there is only one booth on my way things are diff. in the past it was impossible to go anywhere in bad traffic, no one lets you over, so you get forced into ez pass lanes. but i am guilty of going through easy pass just to get out of the mess of cars faster. figure its much safer and smarter then those idiots who blow down the shoulder and go off road AROUND the booths!!! seen that way too many times :)

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

jersey shore toll stuff

I had that happen to me this past memorial day, went through EZ pass because the change lanes were a mess. Got my pic in the mail a month later. I said it was wrongly labeled as "exact change" and impossible to get over and they let me go. The pic was not flattering, though - made my ass look huge.:(

• 3 weeks later...

what happens if you dont have an ez pass and you accidently go through an ez pass only lane.

by the time that i noticed what lane i was in it was impossible to get into another lane so i just drove through and a yellow light flashed but i dont know what it said, should i be worried

btw: i was not in my lgt i was in a rental forester from my dealership because i was going to subaru school:icon_bigg

There was a test on Top Gear that if you could go past the camera at 170mph, you would be out of sight of the camera before it took the pic :lol:

Not quite.

At 120 mph, there was still NO CHANCE you could be near out of site from the cameras, but at 170 mph, the sensors didn't detect a vehicle at all. So no photo was ever taken. That was a funny test on Top Gear though!

Archived