LegacyGT.com

Anyone upgrade their exhaust? If so what did you go with or recommend?

Depends which one you have 2.5 or 3.6r

Me I have 2.5,with 2016 wrx dual exhaust

It’s really not much after market exhaust for 6th gens yet unless it’s customize

If you have a 3.6r you can use any of the Legacy GT exhausts but you need to modified the mid pipe.. I had a Invidia Q300 on mine but had to put stock back on to fit my Rear Bumper Skirt Im thinking about taking out the resonator and installing a straight pipe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Depends which one you have 2.5 or 3.6r

Me I have 2.5,with 2016 wrx dual exhaust

It’s really not much after market exhaust for 6th gens yet unless it’s customize

I have a 2.5 I was thinking of getting one off a scrap wax just wasn't sure if it was possible. Did you do the whole exhaust system or cat back or what?

I have a 2.5 I was thinking of getting one off a scrap wax just wasn't sure if it was possible. Did you do the whole exhaust system or cat back or what?

What I did on mine was is I kept stick mid pipe had it cut after the reso and had the y pipe from wrx welded on and had r/s hangers welded for the right side muffler,reason I went this route is cuz the wrx has no resonator and it was freaking loud and too much drone for me,

The STI pipe has resonator though if you can find one.

You can bolt up either wrx or STi but either one you still need to add about 5-6” pipe to make it fit.

If you want loud and annoying go with WRX

If you a little quiet then get one from STi

For the 2.5, there are three off-the-shelf axleback exhaust options I know of (and no catbacks): Nameless, Fujitsubo, and Kakimoto. I'm running the Kakimoto ClassKR on my 2.5 and am really happy with it. It's a civilised exhaust that's quite quiet at low speeds, with minimal drone, but with a nice bark when you floor it.
@redvenetian on Instagram

:spin:

I know 18 has a different rear skirt,I drove one as loaner,I didn’t notice if 18 has a removable cover on the right side like the 6th gens,but if u wanted a muffler on the right side u can use a y pipe off of a 3.6,wrx,wrx STi(need ext)have hangers welded for the right muffler and IF the right side skirt doesn’t have a removable cover then maybe you can cut a u or oval on the right side skirt just like on the left side..or u can get a rear skirt off a 3.6 so u don’t have to make a cut on the 2.5 rear skirt.

The only difference is the rear skirt and shape of the exhaust tip but same muffler assembly

Right, I know. I was only referencing the cutout, and that if I could find a part number, I'd buy it, install the cutout and then do the mufflers. I did a dual muffler delete on my 2015 2.5 a few years ago, and it sounded amazing. But that had a cutout that just popped out, my 2018 doesn't.

Right, I know. I was only referencing the cutout, and that if I could find a part number, I'd buy it, install the cutout and then do the mufflers. I did a dual muffler delete on my 2015 2.5 a few years ago, and it sounded amazing. But that had a cutout that just popped out, my 2018 doesn't.

Part # for the right side muffler is what your looking for?or for the rear skirt?

I don’t want to speak for him but it’s seems like he was referring to the left side cut out but for the right side. Which isn’t a thing unless I’m wrong

3 options if he wants a muffler on the right side

Make a cut on the right side for the exhaust finisher

Get a rear skirt from a 3.6r or bumper assembly

Or get a rear bumper assembly from a 6th gen.

Valid options, however I will wait until that part becomes available. You can't replace the skirt as it cannot be separated from the bumper. Spending hundreds of dollars on a 3.6r bumper or cutting a hole (which won't look OEM and will ruin the value) aren't options for me. I know the panel can be removed, as it's being held in by a fastener.

And before I get accosted, I had the option of the 3.6r (550 made in my color) but chose the 2.5 as I commute (getting 36.9mpg avg with 80%hwy/20%city).

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived