LegacyGT.com

Endlinks, Spherical or Bushing type?

Dark-V

Okay, both front and rear endlinks are clunking like hell. And spring is around the corner, so it's time to think about fixing this crap.

I'm leaning towards the Kartboy as they're a simple bushing design and relatively cheap.

Any opinions on this? My suspension is stock and I'm not upgrading the swaybars. I just want better endlinks that in 30,000 miles it won't start clunking like the stock endlinks.

Another concern is the stock endlinks and the cheaper AVO endlinks is that if something happens to the bolt in them, you need to buy all new endlinks. This has already happened to me. I replaced the front endlinks last year with the adjustable AVO ones, and now they are clunking and I can't get the nut off of it without cutting the bolt. Which means new endlinks. I'd rather just be able to replace the hardware instead of a $100+ endlink.

Also, what's better, the Spherical bearing endlinks, or Urethane bushing endlinks? I might even go for the MSI endlinks because they have replaceable bushings.

I upgraded to Perrin 22 F&R sways. Within a month both F&R stock endlinks needed replacement. I got kartboys and they are beefy as hell. No problems at all.

If you want to keep the stock design, but beef up, Rallitek makes a great product. 5 yr garuntee and about half the price of the Kartboys (or at least significantly less). With stocker sways, the ralliteks should hold up.

I ended up going with the KartBoy endlinks. Looks like a lot of people were having issues with the spherical bearing ones. I also don't like "stock designed" endlinks due to if anything happens to the threads or nuts, you need to buy all new ones. I know this "shouldn't" happen, but it has happened twice for me. Once trying to take off the stock endlinks and once with the AVO adjustable endlinks.

The MSI's looked great too, just out of my price range!

Any suggestions on removing the factory front end links. Is there any way to keep the shaft from turning? I purchased Perrin front end links and after reading all this should I even bother installing them.

Unless they're truly rusted on, you should be able to insert an allen key into the end of the shaft to keep it from turning.

My stock ones were so messed up that the whole bolt was turning inside the endlink, and the allen key just turned in it's slot. So grabbed a Black and Decker rotary tool (MUCH more torque than a dremel) and hacked it out. Probably going to have to do the exact same thing with these AVO adjustable ones. You just can't get the right force on an allen key. It just twists out. Thats why I wanted to pick endlinks with separate hardware that can be easily replaced. The KartBoys did just that. And to hear you can rebuild them with a bushing set from KartBoy is great!

I don't see a location for an Allen key, the back side of the end link has four yellow plugs in it that don't come out... just gonna cut them off.

You're looking at the wrong side ;)

The allen key fitting is in the end of the bolt itself. There should be a walkthrough on the site that details this.

Archived