LegacyGT.com

Emergency! Dead on side of road.

Was driving car died. ABS lights all them came on. Would not start. No dash lights. Disconnected negative battery cable started up again. Went in reverse. Started to go in drive and as soon as I start accelerating it dies. Battery terminals were filthy. No sand paper only a file. Cleaned up. Still no luck.

^^ i concur... COULD be a bad battery... But sounds funky. Which leads me to the alternator. Also sounds like you do need a battery. maybe start with the battery (easier of the two), and move on from there.

But that does not explain why nothing works. Now it started my cousin was playing around with the fuse box. Afraid to go tho don't want to die lol

Well, you said that the turn signals work and the door locks work. So SOME things work. With intermittent issues like that, its usually an alternator or somethin' funky in the electrical system.

Any modifications? big stereo? things tapped into your fuse panel?

Expect to find a power issue. The ignition switch is missing a B+ circuit. If the underside of the fuse box has corrosion, you probably found the problem. Have the battery load tested and re-charged. Check for power at the starter. Get the vehicle to start and run, then check the alternator.

I have the exact same problem on mine right now. Brought it to a really reliable electric guy in town. He's been good to me in the past. Told me that my key might mot be hitting the tumblers in the ignition and I should get a new key cut because mines really dull(start there. Of that don't work I'd try battery or alternator. And if worst gets worst new ignition switch. But the key thing makes alot of sense to me.so I would deffinatley try that first. Cheap and easy.

had a lot of corrosion build up on my pos battery terminal. went to gas station, turned off car and wont start up, could tell there was not enough voltage/amps cause the lights dim and just makes a clicking sound. jumped it and it was fine

bought crc battery terminal cleaner and terminal protector (2 bottles). cleaner took off most of the rust (small areas couldnt get into, no brush on me) and the protector creates a coating. so far no corrosion and no problem. i sprayed everywhere on the battery cable connector

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Figured it out. It is the main power cable going into the bottom of the fuse box. So going to replace the fuse box. I know for a fact that is what it is because when you wiggle the wire everything turns on and off. Thanks for the help guys.

Figured it out. It is the main power cable going into the bottom of the fuse box. So going to replace the fuse box. I know for a fact that is what it is because when you wiggle the wire everything turns on and off. Thanks for the help guys.

Seen it too many times before, glad you nailed it.

Archived