LegacyGT.com

EJ25D heads on a EJ257

Does anyone know if there would be any problems putting these heads on one? I have a guy wanting to buy my heads to put em on his Ej257 but he's concerned with oil fittings. I couldn't find any info on that. so i thought i'd ask. Help me make money so I can build a 2nd gen H6. lol

you can not easily take a phase 1 ej25 from a second gen car and swap it into a third gen car. it takes a lot of work , time and probably some money.

having said that, i know absolutely NOTHING about a WRX or STi.

but i know the blocks will interchange.

physically like everyone says, it will bolt right up to your trans. Because the phase 2 engines in 3rd gens are are different in ways of smog, and small little things, wiring is also needed.

Also 2nd gens legos were the last to have the DOHC and 3rd gens and the rest of subaru's american n/a fleet got the SOHC treatment. With this said, your looking at wiring differences and a change of the ecu, and maybe harness.

its not me wanting to do it. idk. The dude on a local forum said he wants new heads. I think he's doing a long block build. So idk. what his goal is. But the only prob he will have is wiring probs and such???

• I Donated
ok. so i should take it apart? i want to anyway cause it would be fun.. hell i should give it to the school so they can take it apart and rebuild it. inside of the stupid 5hp honda engines that you can do in 3 days an hour a day.

Don't take it apart.Sell it to me as is for $25.00

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

What 25D heads does he have before we jump to conclusions? Hydraulic or solid heads? I don't see the hydraulic heads being bolted to the 257 block a good idea because 1, they're hydraulic & 2, they need some work to take in air as well as the solid 25D.

• I Donated

Yes they will bolt right up.

I suggest getting ARP head studs for it while you're in there. You can buy them off of ebay for about $150

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
I can't say for sure, but its better to run a thicker gasket to be on the safe side. Plus thicker head gaskets give you a bit of a performance gain anyways. I'll dig up the info you need as far as what size gasket would work best

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived