LegacyGT.com

EFR twin-scroll build

Ordered the EFR in November of 2010; received it November 2011! Car is close to done after more than a year.

Here are the parts:

EFR 7064 0.92 A/R T4 twin-scroll internally gated

Cobb prototype FMIC

GrimmSpeed TGV deletes (coated)

ID1000 injectors

T1 top-feed fuel rails

Full-Race header/uppipe/downpipe (ceramic coated)

PLX R500

Aeromotive 13109 FPR

Stromung/Infamous quad-tip exhaust

Cobb pulley

And some other goodies...

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n121/JDMChizad/faf0838c.jpg

More pics to come!

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to hit about 400 whp. I'm more concerned with response and a wide powerband... Pretty excited to see how this turns out. If the piston ring lands go in the process (pretty much counting on them to go :lol:), then I'll do internal work and pump up the boost.

First off, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! I am totally stoked, will even offer free tuning service, just cause I am excited about it.

I used to think that the 7670 was the way to go based off of MB, but now that I see that we run off the comp map on almost every turbo we throw on our cars (<55 lbs/min). So I do think that if you want GT3076 .63 a/r power, but better response and lower boost threshold this is likely the way to go.

If I needed a turbo kit right now, this is exactly what I would get.

Some questions:

1) what fuel pressure? These things will max out ID1000s on stock fuel pressure, on E85 you will need to run A LOT more

2) what fuel pump? The normal route won't cut it, but the new DW pump might

3) are you going to wrap the headers and UP? (I would, DEI titanium stuff is best IMO, I have used quite a few brands)

4) what tuning method?

I'd like to hit about 400 whp. I'm more concerned with response and a wide powerband... Pretty excited to see how this turns out. If the piston ring lands go in the process (pretty much counting on them to go :lol:), then I'll do internal work and pump up the boost.

In SLC you are pretty high elevation, but on E85 you should have no problem hitting 400 whp on the lowest reading of dyno. Actually the higher elevation makes the turbo run at a higher PR, which is actually where these EFRs shine.

I am basing this off of what Perrin's 7670 did in his car with pump +alky on a mid-reading dyno.

yeah i was trying to get his whp... if you do the math you'll have your ID1000s PEGGED at 400 whp on e85. I hope I'm wrong, i hope it works out for yah but i'm really nervous for you.

I'll upgrade if necessary :)

Some questions:

1) what fuel pressure? These things will max out ID1000s on stock fuel pressure, on E85 you will need to run A LOT more

2) what fuel pump? The normal route won't cut it, but the new DW pump might

3) are you going to wrap the headers and UP? (I would, DEI titanium stuff is best IMO, I have used quite a few brands)

4) what tuning method?

1) Not sure yet... We'll see what happens!

2) Running a Walbro 255. From what I understand, I should be good to go. If not, I'll check out the DW 300.

3) Header/uppipe/downpipe have been ceramic coated. Should I wrap as well?

4) Christian from Cobb will be tuning me on a Mustang dyno.

Archived