LegacyGT.com

Eclipse/msd coil swap

Ive been reading up on the msd coil swap and know that ill need an eclipse/neon or whatever connecting pin. So I went to the junk yard and got the pin and the coil just because. Now my question is, is it worth it to swap over to the eclipse coil now while i wait till i get the msd or should i just keep it stock??

Hey I saw this thread too and didn't want to leave anyone in the dark, so I'll post it up: http://www.jegs.com/i/MSD+Ignition/121/8229/10002/-1

This one looks like the same msd blaster for the neon, but without the clips; instead, it looks like the ball pins that (if I remember right) are the setup for our coilpacks. Just want to verify this, because if it's a plug and play with all our wires and whatnot then I'm gonna jump on it when I get home.

There is no MSD coil that is available for us. We have to use the one for the Chrysler 420A & we have to chop off the connector (most of it if you can) for our use. I had to do this for both of my Legacies.

As for operation, the ECU MUST BE RESET before you use the coil or it will not operate at full capacity. Some connectors are different for certain Neons though so careful with that.

A lurker's 0.2 cents.

buy this

get a plug from one of these:

CHRYSLER CIRRUS 2000-2000

CHRYSLER PT CRUISER 2001-2006

CHRYSLER SEBRING 1997-2006

CHRYSLER VOYAGER 2000-2003

DODGE AVENGER 1995-1999

DODGE NEON 1996-2005

DODGE STRATUS 1996-2000

EAGLE TALON 1994-1998

JEEP LIBERTY 2002-2005

JEEP WRANGLER 2003-2006

MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE 1996-1999

PLYMOUTH BREEZE 2000-2000

PLYMOUTH GRAND VOYAGER 1996-1997

PLYMOUTH NEON 1997-2001

PLYMOUTH VOYAGER 1996-2000

/thread

Ahhhh ok so that's the clip that powers the pack, and the connectors for the wires are the same so we can use our stock wires? And for this connector, is it a thing where you just splice it into the system by color coding the wires? And to reset the ecu, don't you just turn the car off then on?

Sorry for all the Qs, I just want to make sure I get it right once I try it, because this is something I'd want to do over vacation :)

Archived