LegacyGT.com

Ebay wiring harness adapter kit for L to GT Headlamp Swap

Step three... You need to combine the two black wires (ground) from the ebay wire harness adapter and tie them in together with the one black wire from the gt headlamp assembly wire harness. You can seal them with electrical tape or use electrical connectors (butt).

1759611043_Pic4.thumb.jpg.bfe265bb34722b60ddd4bbefc51a8f37.jpg

Step 5... You need to take the other red wire from the ebay harness (the one on the right) and tie it in with the green wire on the gt harness. If you get the two red wires on the adapter backwards your high beams will turn on instead of your low beams when you turn your headlights on, so it is important you look at the pictures carefully... Nothing bad will happen if you reverse them, you won't ruin anything.

1316382105_Pic6.thumb.jpg.e99de93efbd0c55c49e144f6c7f84f47.jpg

Last couple of steps.... Connect the adapter to the gt headlamp assembly first, then connect the adapter to the original L headlamp harness.

Last step turn on your headlights and test them out. If your high beams come on then you need to take out the adapter and reverse the connection of the red wires on the ebay harness.

2102551656_Pic8.thumb.jpg.f53caabd3df9d34fe4fed14feea56756.jpg

965066145_Pic9.thumb.jpg.32300dfdcfaaab7fb2ecdbe66dc2bb1d.jpg

Don't they sell them at local stores like autozone and oriellys? I swear I've seen them there its just a simple 9007 plug but I'm sure they do but its probably cheaper to get them on eBay but gotta wait for them, its just a matter of getting the right wires together which is what people don't get but nice write up

Nope, they don't sell them like that. Plus the final cost would be from $40-$60 for the pair if you tried making your own. This took some time for me to figure out, but I was lucky the first time I attempted it. I researched like crazy but could not find any info on how to do the swap, so I did one myself.

Idk about no adapters being sold in parts stores but I do know for a fact that u can just buy the headlight pigtails for most bulbs and 9003,4,and7 are usually available.

Also I swapped my old 95 front end for a 99 outback frontend and had to swap the pigtails from 9003 to 9007. Took like 5 minutes to do with some know how lol

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any use for the ends that get cut off? Like if I were to sell it what would it be labeled as?

And the red wires from the ebay harness are labeled left and right from the view you showed correct?

Not really any use for the ends you cut off, save them for spare parts. The harness are not labeled, just look closely at the pictures. You could label your wires by using a little piece of masking tape and abbreviations of L eft and R ight.

• 3 months later...

Coincidentally, the GT headlights are the same as Outback. . . and as I fool with 2nd gen Outbacks a lot, I'm pretty familiar with them. I've swapped a couple of cars I've build over to regular Legacy L headlights and I think they perform better. Bigger reflector, better quality of light.

I would consider this a downgrade and only reason I can see to do it is you like the way the GT/OB headlights look better than the L.

I'll start saving the car side connectors I cut off if you guys really wanna do this tho. . . don't have any right now as I've just been tossing them.

Bigger reflector, better quality of light.

I would consider this a downgrade and only reason I can see to do it is you like the way the GT/OB headlights look better than the L.

Not nessesarily each reflector is designed to work with a specific bulb the amount of light is bulb dependent, so having two bulbs each with a specific reflector should be better than a single reflector with a dual filament bulb. for low beams you may be correct though but high beams is just more light in single reflector housing rather a specific focused reflector

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought this harness to convert my headlights. It is the one that the OP provides a link to.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-HARNESS-9007-HB5-X-2-WIRES-35W-55W-CONVERSION-XENON-KIT-HEAD-LIGHT-LAMP-48CM-/130606940778?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e68c7c26a&vxp=mtr

And it came with only 2 wires, nothing for the hi-beams. :mad:

20131120_125405.thumb.jpg.5afa5e3ef205ad508a2fd04ffad2cbd7.jpg

They said that all the ones that they got from their supplier only have 2 wires. Hopefully they will refund if they cannot provide me with the product shown in the picture in their listing.

20131120_125324.thumb.jpg.b179809953416e3d02f3afc1fd59a99b.jpg

Archived