LegacyGT.com

ebay grille installed..

so i got a ebay grille off of a member here after ravspec honeycomb didnt work out.

first thing was to make sure the grille fits. i had to cut some of the mesh off for it to slide into place. the mold did not come with pre drilled holes but does have a dent or something to show you where to drill. i started off making a small hole and worked my way up just to make sure the holes lined up which matched perfectly. theres like a hook think on the bottom of the grille that matches up with the screw hole from the oem grille. i drilled a small hole there and tightened with the oem screw. thats all the drilling and cutting i did not much imo. theres a small bump in the from near the mesh which i can sand down but after installing the grille i was too lazy to take it off and do it. :)

if any of you are planning to get this i would recommend getting a honeycomb grille mesh from Ford and then install it. the mesh on this seems cheap and weak.

this is just a quick pic i took on the street.

IMAG0464-1.thumb.jpg.fc77e5576d5fb5776b52443aff9d36e9.jpg

well done. the ford honeycomb method also requires alot of cutting to make it fit inside properly. you could do the crown vic mod to that grille-- the ford honeycomb generally sits closer to front of grille. the hardest part is attaching it firmly to shell of grille.... maybe you could lay the ford honeycomb over that mesh?

some gardening shears really simplifies cutting the ford honeycomb to shape.

planning to do honeycomb later on for now I'm too lazy. Attaching the honeycomb in front of the mesh sounds like an idea I will keep that in mind.

honestly, that looks.......not bad.

im impressed, how much did it run you?

$100 from member here. Ebay has it for $120-160 not sure.

Looks nice and clean! Did the grille come pre-painted? If not, what color plastic?

The grille came black not sure if its mold color or painted.

thanks, this i think is the cheapest new grille you can find out there. im going to look into a subaru emblem, the front just looks empty with out one.

i dont know if they sell these for 05 models but i think it will look nice or even better since your grilles arent big as 08+ models.

thanks, this i think is the cheapest new grille you can find out there. im going to look into a subaru emblem, the front just looks empty with out one.

i dont know if they sell these for 05 models but i think it will look nice or even better since your grilles arent big as 08+ models.

Pretty sure I have that same grille from Ebay for an '05.

Replaced the flimsy mesh with black powder coated aluminum Razr pattern from thegrilleguy off Ebay. For a while I had an L7 badge up front. Now I just have the GT (from my debadging) in the right lower corner.

Had it for a # of years and it has held up well so far.

Pretty sure I have that same grille from Ebay for an '05.

Replaced the flimsy mesh with black powder coated aluminum Razr pattern from thegrilleguy off Ebay. For I while I had an L7 badge up front. Now I just have the GT (from my debadging) in the right lower corner.

Had it for a # of years and it has held up well so far.

i never knew they even sold lgt grille on ebay or i never bothered checking :rolleyes: it needs some kind of badge cuz it looks too plan imo.

i think i have the same grill it was poorly packaged and cracked when i got it.

it could of been UPS or some idiot who messed up your box, but then again the box shipped wasnt that durable looking either.

I like how the mesh sits back in the recess. The current one on ebay for a 05 on the red car looks like it sit near the front.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Dunno guys to me it looks.....empty, like someone stole your grill.

yeah i know what you mean. when i saw pics of lgt with grilles like this i thought it looked like something was missing. but this is why you need to change the mesh to honeycomb and add some kind of badge on it.

Mine:

ebay grille and ebay lip:p

I'm making my own from scratch out of a stock grill right now. Gonna put my specB badge off centered to the right. I cut out all the emblem surroundings and wings and filled it in with an epoxy type material and did a lot of sanding. Took some work but it's comin out great. I'll post pics later of it.

A good way to add style to any car is to remove the styling elements it came with.

It's just a big black hole :confused:

To each his own I suppose, but if you recess it in with mesh and add either a subie emblem in the center or a GT/SpecB badge off to the right, I think it looks a lot more aggressive. Seperates you from the norm, which I think is the goal of modifying your car.

To each his own I suppose, but if you recess it in with mesh and add either a subie emblem in the center or a GT/SpecB badge off to the right, I think it looks a lot more aggressive. Seperates you from the norm, which I think is the goal of modifying your car.

I agree. :lol:

Similar to debading the trunk, which I've done as well. I generally have an aversion to chrome though. It all goes back to my '71 Torino GT convertible when I blacked out the bumpers.

Actually I've had other emblems up front like the oval L7 or the blue Subaru constellation, but keep coming back to less is more.

Im just glad it doesnt sag like other grills

how does a grille sag?

You're batting .500, RavSpec lip, but I'm too low for the winters here :eek:

dyanm time for ebay lip now then. i have rommels lip which is handling very well besides a chip i have going up a curve dodging a stupid driver. :mad:

Archived