LegacyGT.com

ebay exhaust

vomplegacy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i got what looks like the same exhaust. fitment is eh. no resonator, its straight thru. and the flange that bolts to the downpipe is a flat flange, not the donut gasket. i just smashed them together tho. no leaks. tailpipes fit openings a little crooked. after stage 2 it was too loud for me. i welded a resonator in the midpipe.

All flanges and hangers will line up perfect. Have to look at the mid pipe for a minute to verify direction, but it only fits 1 way. Tips will be just off center of the cut out (to the inside). Both tips will be off center the same, so it looks ok. Tips stick out further than my SPT, more like the prodrive cans I have seen. Rumble is low (with DP).

Just the thought of the two of you actually working on a car.

"Whats this thinga ma jiggy?" "Wheres the whatchamacallit?" "Pass the widget extractor." "I need a screwdriver (reply) plus or minus?"

Was it more like Keystone Cops or 3 Stooges?

Stick to ATS.

So wait a second...it does come with a resonator? These things have gotten so cheap, I just may have to pick one up. My stock CBE has a bent muffler tip and leaves a lot to be desired in the looks department. If I spend $330 on a CBE this week...perhaps it will relieve my crippling winter depression. Nothing works like buying shit to make me feel better for 10 or 15 minutes.

If there's no doughnut, do you just use an exhaust gasket? No leaky? Should I do it?

What DP? I used a donut gasket (OEM) on my Cobb DP to the eBay (X02) CBE with no issues or leaks. Even uses the stock bolts and nuts. So this would work for a stock DP too. If your DP is a 3" flange then its a 3" to 3" and the supplied 3" gasket and hardware will work perfectly.

Should be like $280 plus shipping ($45 if I remember right). I know they are all over eBay, I can find a link in about 30 seconds.

Heres a link from the guy I got mine from. He's still selling them on eBay;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual-Catback-Exhaust-System-Subaru-Legacy-GT-05-06-07_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5634a12544QQitemZ370250163524QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

What DP? I used a donut gasket (OEM) on my Cobb DP to the eBay (X02) CBE with no issues or leaks. Even uses the stock bolts and nuts. So this would work for a stock DP too. If your DP is a 3" flange then its a 3" to 3" and the supplied 3" gasket and hardware will work perfectly.

Should be like $280 plus shipping ($45 if I remember right). I know they are all over eBay, I can find a link in about 30 seconds.

Heres a link from the guy I got mine from. He's still selling them on eBay;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual-Catback-Exhaust-System-Subaru-Legacy-GT-05-06-07_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5634a12544QQitemZ370250163524QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Thanks Sprank,

I have teh Megan cattless UP and DP. Is it gonna be crazy loud? I would love a little more agressive sound, but definitely no extra attention from Hondas and cops. I really like the way it looks. Not too ricey, but a little bit flashy. If I could afford the $1k price tag I'd get the SPT (my dream exhaust) but I could never justify it.

I have been reading threads about this exhaust and you seem to be a huge advocate. You've had yours for a while. How is the rust? It is MN winter and I'm not sure if it would be worth it to buy now if it would be damaged by summer. Thoughts?

I have the SPT too. Its on my Spec B. The XO2 is louder and deeper. Not too loud and not too droning. My wife actually drives the car (its her DD) and she asked for the exhaust. She says it doesn't bother her and I offered to put the OEM back on. She had me sell the cans on the forum and keep the XO2. If my wife wants it...

As far as rust. It is NOT the SPT. But, it is WAY cheap. Where you are at I would prob coat the mufflers with something to help with the salt. JR has actually done this and could add some insight on the rust protection. From the people I know using it on the East Coast (I left NYC in July) it last a few winters then rusts unless you protect it. But, for $300 you could buy 3 of these for the price I paid for 1 SPT.

JR where you at now? Help this guy out with rust coating options for the cans.

So wait a second...it does come with a resonator? These things have gotten so cheap, I just may have to pick one up. My stock CBE has a bent muffler tip and leaves a lot to be desired in the looks department. If I spend $330 on a CBE this week...perhaps it will relieve my crippling winter depression. Nothing works like buying shit to make me feel better for 10 or 15 minutes.

If there's no doughnut, do you just use an exhaust gasket? No leaky? Should I do it?

I think for the money paid it's very good quality. Yes it dose come with a resonator.

^ thats what i did but you can get more for brand new cans. People are seeling used cans for like $150.00

Just noticed this.

JR where you at now? Help this guy out with rust coating options for the cans.

What you would need to use is high heat engine enamel. Clear Coat or black or your choice. The day before you install or longer, apply (i suggest) at least 3 coats. who cares if it doesnt come out nice its going under the car.

Of course for the cans take your time as people do see that.

Archived