LegacyGT.com

E85 gone bad?

1/4 tank E85, San Antonio (50-90% humidity @ 90+F everyday), 2.5 weeks of no driving... I'm basically getting WG boost... I'm guessing gas? I've checked all vaccuum lines that I can find. This is one of those situations where you hate yourself for not having a tactrix cable.

I just pulled the turbo and inlet to replace the avcs and turbo oil feed. I really don't think I've missed any vaccuum lines. I'm not hearing any turbo spool at all, even with my k&n typhoon.

lol

Bad gas isn't going to limit your boost unless you're throwing CELs and your ECU reverts to a failsafe map.

I'd say get a WBO2 and install that. IMO, it's more useful than a tactrix, as you can keep an eye on it at all times and not have to go through logs to see you were running lean/rich.

My bet goes to a vacuum line that you missed.

• Mega Users
+1 for the wideband, but if you just want a diagnostic cable, just get a vagcom cable. You won't be able to tune with it with a canbus ecu, but you can still log and check learning view. You could see your fuel trims and IAM. That would be useful in this situation.

^I think he has an 07. He is also basically running my last setup :wub:

Marshall I have never regretted the aem wb afr gauge in my LGT. I also carry a cable in my glove compartment and almost always a netbook in back of the seat. I like to RR the OBXT once a month and am considering a cable for it fulltime too (cheap for me, I can vag-com).

To me, a boost gauge is cool but if you are not hitting target boost you should feel it. A wb afr buys peace of mind.

yes '07. tactrix ordered. now to quickly learn logging software

Start by learing, Learning View. Its really great because you can run it with your ignition lit but the engine off. You dont need to be moving and it will tell you whats going on with your timing and fuel.

How about this guy? I'm not sure what I'm looking at but this is front passenger side and this connects to the TGVs. Is it a TGV motor and if so whats this nipple for?

This is pretty close to where the oil feed pipe comes through for the avcs

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=124449&stc=1&d=1343576192

IMG_20120729_102801.thumb.jpg.12ac9068349bfa6775b6041e017c1b19.jpg

lol

I ran my first log today and I had full boost as soon I hit the defogger button. WTF?

Latent CEL reset after I plugged cable in to log?

I obviously still have a vacuum leak since it is idling rough, but the pulls felt strong and the only knock events were during shifts and low load, low rpm.

lol

Archived