LegacyGT.com

DRL\hight beam

Alain969

Does the aftermarket module lower the poower to the high beams? Also our lights are negative switched.

X

lower output is dependent on the bulb....what size bulbs are the 08 guys using stock?

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

lower output is dependent on the bulb....what size bulbs are the 08 guys using stock?

Not when you are talking about high beams. They are regular 60 Watt high beams, but are lowered by the DRL module.

X

---

What the h3ll? There used to be hundreds of these things on ebay. Now not even 1?

This one would work. Supposedly has functionality very similar to the stock setup as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ac-delco-daytime-running-lamps-12370445-nib_W0QQitemZ320178776244QQihZ011QQcategoryZ50459QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is it, the stock DRL is on low beam and i want it on the high beam only.because i install the kit xenon on my low beam. I want the DRL because its the law in canada.

Anybody try this?

thanks

Aren't you legally allowed to use the fog lights as DRL in Canada?

Have you tried running the high beams in series, to get about 7V to each bulb?

I did not try since I was not about to run extra wiring. I wanted to use the OEM wiring. Anyway, it was to bright, and I took it off.

X

---

• 4 months later...

This is a bump for the High Beam DRL conversion activity that was going on.

Anyone gotten any further with this? I'm about to install my HIDs, don't really want to use fogs, and am running HIRs in the high beam. I don't want to run the HIRs at full voltage because, well, they're expensive and I'd rather not burn them as high if I don't need to.

I may just do the independent fog light mod with the HIDs and only turn the fogs on if I need them. And to h3ll with DRLs...

300k miles, BNR 16g, CryoTune, 'Bullet-Proofed' IC, Motor rebuild @ 250k b/c of a cracked exhaust valve. Original 5 EAT. Oil changed religiously @ 3,000 mi.

^good luck :) (there's a dup of this thread i bumped a few times to no avail)

i've found scrapping drls is not so bad, but i'm still up for getting into some wires if an electrical guru can walkthru high-beam drls on 05-07. i just cant get into the idea of drl fogs.

Glad you agree! Not sure if anyone else has tried the HIRs in their high beams yet. I'm pretty happy with them. Basically, you file off a small portion of the skirt tabs and it fits perfectly into your existing high beam socket.

HIR = High-intensity Infrared Reflectance - it's a weird shaped bulb - has a globe on the end around the filament. The IR energy from the filament is reflected back off of the the inside of the globe, contributing to the heat of the filament which makes it burn much brighter. The only downside is the bulb is about $35-40 each. At that cost, I don't want to use them for DRLs.

There's a good sticky by Daniel Stern in this forum that talks about lighting options that describes them better.

300k miles, BNR 16g, CryoTune, 'Bullet-Proofed' IC, Motor rebuild @ 250k b/c of a cracked exhaust valve. Original 5 EAT. Oil changed religiously @ 3,000 mi.

Archived