LegacyGT.com

Here in North America it is mandatory for the cars to have DRL Daytime Running Lights due to harsh weather especially winter days it is hard for the incoming cars to see on the road especially if you have a white car, anyway before we go farther is there anyone who switched their DRL on the high beam, mine is 2005i and the DRL is on the Low which I’m planning to put a HID but the thing is I need a canbus so rather I’m planning to switch the wires of the DRL to the High beam to lessen the current draw on the bulb. Thank You.

Well, frankly, that would be kind of a dick move to all those people who have to share the road with you. If you want to save bulb life, you can just disconnect the DRLs. Takes about 10 seconds.

Sorry as I wrote earlier it is MANDATORY to have DRL here due to 0 visibility on Winter Days. It is a way to be more safety on the other purpose some people sometimes forgetting to turn on their headlights, that’s why it is by law to have your DRL working everytime your car is running.

Well, frankly, that would be kind of a dick move to all those people who have to share the road with you. If you want to save bulb life, you can just disconnect the DRLs. Takes about 10 seconds.

Most cars actually use the highbeam (running at reduced voltage) for the DRL's. They aren't crazily bright because of the reduced voltage (also its daytime), but they maintain the higher-aimed beam pattern so they can be seen from farther off.

By "most cars" I mean like every single toyota and honda that has a separate bulb for the highbeam.

Phate I have an Honda Odyssey and the DRL is on the High Beam which is separate on the low beam, that’s what I’m thinking on, I need to do a research if I still need a relay or I’ll just switch the wires of the bulb.

Here is what I’m talking about, if it’s allowed to post a non-Subaru product

3c82578a0b4e60cefae65247f92cb800.jpg

Working with the DRL

There is another option you might be interested in. You can get an aftermarket wiring module that converts your turn signals to DRLs. This uses the bright lights from the turn signals, not the dimmer light from the parking lights. Your turn signals still work normally, one side just flashes while the other side's DRL either remains steady, or goes off, depending on how you wire it in.

There is another option you might be interested in. You can get an aftermarket wiring module that converts your turn signals to DRLs. This uses the bright lights from the turn signals, not the dimmer light from the parking lights. Your turn signals still work normally, one side just flashes while the other side's DRL either remains steady, or goes off, depending on how you wire it in.

Do you have a link that I could follow, I’m a bit confuse with wirings and don’t want to mess up with it, I have a bad story with my neighbor whom upgraded his car audio, everything works well ‘til early in the morning it bursted into flame due to wiring problem. But still good cause nobody was hurt, it is more terrifying when that’s happens while his inside the car. Total lost of car without claim due to faulty wirings.

Do you have a link that I could follow...

Here is a video you can see it in operation on a Mazda 3.

You can get the universal DRL-1 module direct from Web Electric on their website for about $40.

Here is their website. Use the menu on left of that page to navigate to "Daytime Running Lights", then go to "DRL-1 Universal Daytime Running Lights Module". You can find installation instructions under the "Online Instructions" menu item.

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/

Archived