LegacyGT.com

Driveshaft Shop Axles for Legacy's

So I didnt want to jack the group buy for the other axles so I thought I would make a new thread to let everyone know that yes, Driveshaft Shop has made upgraded axles for the legacy. I received the upgraded hubs and 1000hp axles last week, got them installed with no issues and have even taken them to the track to test them! They are amazing. I was able to take them to the track last night and tested them with great success!

15696961242_4f7ef27a08.jpg

I am still working with Driveshaft Shop to confirm what years they will fit and pricing, but I'm pretty sure I should have all that information by tomorrow. DSS was waiting until I had them installed and tested before releasing them to the public.

Here are a few photos of the install. It went very smooth with no issues. I was very impressed, as always, with the quality of the hubs and axles, but more importantly, after breaking both my stock driver and passenger side axles at the track, I'm so thrilled to be able to race again without breaking at the line!

15693445321_5fabb1074f_n.jpg

15075413874_df08af2fa6_n.jpg

15075415674_cd10cdbc3f.jpg

15075416924_46bfb3ed6a.jpg

15696967062_516cdee01c.jpg

15693456291_5f40bd2e23.jpg

15695364815_b558ee1e98.jpg

Mary

Wow, no rust...

Would you be the guy's with Moore Blast Plates on the 5mt ? I think Ryan Moore said you did, I have them on my 05 wagon.

Oh, DDS make great stuff. Have used there axles on our 9 second Civic

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You won't be able to find the axles on DSS's site just yet. I can however order you a set as we are dealers for DSS.

And yes, this is on a 2009 SpecB with a 6 speed so no blast plates, but we do use the blast plates a lot at my shop snd have some in stock if you are interested.

As for selling my stock axles, my passenger side one is broken and my drivers side one is fairly new because I broke my original one last month lol. I do have a brand new in box passenger side oem one at the shop as well. I haven't considered selling them but I could if you are interested.

Grimlin, good work!

Just to clarify, these axles and upgraded hubs are for the standard hub carrier? Do they require the upgraded hubs or is that optional? And what constitutes the definition of "upgraded" on the hubs? Can I use the upgraded hubs with stock Spec B axles?

Sorry for all the questions but now that I've upgraded my race car to a 6 speed I'm definitely interested in all things Spec B related!

I'm also interested in axles for the new Factory Five 818. The standard donor is a WRX. To use the engine-trans as a mid-engine setup requires using the donor's rear hubs and CV mated to a custom axle with the donor's front CV. For guys using an STI 6 speed donor it's also a problem. So far no one has broken an axle or CV, but the cars have barely started hitting the track. Since all the power is now going thru just two axles instead of four, I expect axle/CV failures to start cropping up any day. And even non-racers will want a total axle solution, tearing apart CVs to mate them by hand to a custom axle is not for everyone, and makes it harder to have a spare set on hand. If this sounds like something you would be interested in knowing more about PM me. The 818 market is very new and the vendors are still trying to figure out what's needed. No one is making plug and play axles yet.

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

Got a price. Looks like the kit will retail for $1849.99 and that does include the hubs.

At this time in order to make these axles work you will need the hubs from DSS. This will fit all 2006-2009 Subaru Legacy's (both 5 speed, 6 speed and automatic). I am still working on confirming fitment on the 2005 Legacy's.

Should fit 2005's as well, same car.

But I did thinkt he 5mt and 6mt has different splines ?

Yes, it SHOULD fit the 2005 Legacy's as well. We just needed to run a VIN for a 2005 Legacy before I confirmed it.

But I did confirm that the hub is the same for all 5 speeds, 6 speed and Automatic transmission for the 06-09 Legacy and Legacy Outbacks.

• Moderators
I don't see how you can say that the axles will fit 5mts, 6mts, and 5eats. I don't think that makes any sense unless you are saying that they will fit any of those cars as long as you swap in an R180 rear diff...?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I don't see how you can say that the axles will fit 5mts, 6mts, and 5eats. I don't think that makes any sense unless you are saying that they will fit any of those cars as long as you swap in an R180 rear diff...?

I was speaking of the hubs, sorry

oh I see what I did. Sorry. Blame it on being Monday and my list of 600 things to do.

I was talking about the hubs being the same when I was asked about the splines on the axle. Sorry. My reading owned me.

Let me try this again. The hub on the 06-09 Legacy's are all the same. Those splines are all the same.

The splines on the other ends (the diff side) are defined by the diff. All R160s are the same as impreza R160s and all specB R180s are the same as STi r180s.

I guess I spaced on that part because of all the issues I have been trying to figure out with DSS over the last few weeks, that was the only one that didnt need to be addressed. Sorry for the confusion

Archived