LegacyGT.com

Drive Performance Magazine and Subaru Performance Tuning SPT

I just received the premier edition of the new Drive Performance Magazine. While I assume I am not the only one, I did not see any posts about it. Anyway, I had not seen mention on the boards about SPT (Subaru Performance Tuning) authorized dealers so I thought I would bring it up. I inferred from the article that performance parts (i.e. cat-back, suspension, springs, shifter, boost-guage) would be made available for both the Legacy and Outback, much like they are presently available for the Rex. I checked the site, but there are presently no SPT parts for the Leg. [url]http://www.spt.subaru.com/microsites/spt/main.jsp[/url]

I followed SPT to the techinfo site. The 05 Legacy and Outback service manuals are available now, but the whole set on paper is very expensive. 10 books in total. Instead, for $20, you have 72hrs to download the whole thing on PDF format and then you can burn it to CD.

I got mine the in mail yesterday too! They actually sent me 2 magazines for some reason, but oh well (I'm not complaining). I think it's pretty cool, it covers a bit of WRC history, shows the inner workings of the STi 6sp, and even showcases some tuner cars. I think Subaru is taking the right step bringing it's performance cars to this market, and now they even have their own performance magazine! Can't wait for the next one! :D

Some SPT items for the Legacy include a front strut brace and STi door sills that I posted in the "Interior" forum. These two items are currently available from dealers and maybe some aftermarket vendors. [url]http://www.legacysti.com/viewforum.php?f=14[/url]

[quote name='CombatCQB']I followed SPT to the techinfo site. The 05 Legacy and Outback service manuals are available now, but the whole set on paper is very expensive. 10 books in total. Instead, for $20, you have 72hrs to download the whole thing on PDF format and then you can burn it to CD.[/quote] I think you have to download like 1 page at a time though. Basically it'll be your full time job for the next 3 days if you decide to do the CD thing.

[quote name='Drift Monkey']I got mine the in mail yesterday too! They actually sent me 2 magazines for some reason, but oh well (I'm not complaining). I think it's pretty cool, it covers a bit of WRC history, shows the inner workings of the STi 6sp, and even showcases some tuner cars. I think Subaru is taking the right step bringing it's performance cars to this market, and now they even have their own performance magazine! Can't wait for the next one! :D[/quote] Send me your spare! :D

[quote name='brady_bunch'][quote name='Drift Monkey']I got mine the in mail yesterday too! They actually sent me 2 magazines for some reason, but oh well (I'm not complaining). I think it's pretty cool, it covers a bit of WRC history, shows the inner workings of the STi 6sp, and even showcases some tuner cars. I think Subaru is taking the right step bringing it's performance cars to this market, and now they even have their own performance magazine! Can't wait for the next one! :D[/quote] Send me your spare! :D[/quote] If you're serious, PM me your address and I'll send it out. :D

Archived