LegacyGT.com

What DP are you running on your auto

Bigkahuna808

I need to buy a DP before my protune at the end of the month. Just wondering what brand or pipes you guys recomend.

Im thinking of going cat less,will this make my car very loud? If Im doing a AP2 protune I dont have to worry about CEL right?

Cobb catless, makes NO difference in exhaust note, but, I did notice that I could hear the turbo spool better.

Just got Cobb UP and DP installed yesterday. I noticed the same too. The DP for the auto seemed to be a little more expensive than for the manual tranny.

No CEL but had only driven it for 20miles so far. I have a 60 mile round trip commute tomorrow. Man, nice acceleration!

stink is there. not too bad. a little alarming at first.

hey peeps is it normal at first to have a little smoke (or something) underneath the hood? yesterday when i brought home the car after going stage 2 i popped the hood to check out the smell and also noticed this very light smoke was coming from the engine bay. what is it? is it oil? should i call the shop back up?

thanks!

you you guys running the COBBs catless? Hey spiderman did you do a tune? I know wukindada car is bad @$$ so I know hes tuned. I wanna go catless but hope the stink isnt that bad.

It could take anywhere from 1 1/2hrs-4hrs. Depends on skill of mechanic, experience with subys, and the main thing.....those little Japanese must have serious strong forearm muscles, because I ALWAYS find an over-tightened bolt, or cross threaded bolt. Time for chisel, or brute force, blood, and four letter words. Those strong exhaust bolts around the turbo are a PITA sometimes. The older the car, the worse it gets!

$75/hr x 4hrs. = $300. A shop may also charge you for an oil change, and a little coolant fluid charge. I could see a shop charging $350. Totally! (never actually had experience paying for that, but if I did....)

I'd do it in my driveway for half of that.

You also have to remember where you are......

Def. no install deals to be found I'm sure. Do it yourself it's not that tough of a job.

Use the 350 you save on tools & a good jack with a set of stands;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

• 11 months later...
I bought an Invidia Catted DP, they now make them for auto's. I will be installing them on sunday if my gaskets get here this week. As for fit i will let you all know by then. I already posted a thread with pics of it.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Are Legacy Downpipes different from WRX/STi downpipes? I am debating trading in my STi for a 5eat LGT wagon, and i Have my Bosal Divorced Shorty Downpipe from my STi that I would want to put on, and I'm wondering if it would fit...

Also wondering if my GTSpec Gen2 Header & UpPipe will fit as well... Anybody know on that one?

Archived