LegacyGT.com

Downgraded ride

Just turned in our 05 Limited GT and leased an 08 Legacy 2.5 special edition. Color is white with tan cloth. Only option is auto dimming mirror. Tranny is manual. I no longer need my daily driver to be a screamer so I went with the lower cost/better fuel economy way. So far I am impressed with level of refinement in standard engine and tranny. Ride is pretty soft and brakes are more touchy than in GT, but all acceptable. Steering seems too over boosted however. One improvement I really like is the ability to access the latch hooks much easier for the kiddy seat. I will post some pics when I get a chance.

Nothing wrong with that man, it's nice!

I was in the same boat. I needed to lower my car payments, insurance and fuel costs to help pay for our house so I traded in my TSX for the 2.5i wagon 5 speed.

A few suspension upgrades and a short shifter and you'll be very happy! 28-30 mpg is not hard to take with the gas prices these days! Oh, 1st thing, change the shift knob... that was my main "urk" when I bought mine. I picked up an LGT manual knob and it just made the interior look that much better :)

Congrats!

JDM GT Bilsteins (F-Tanabe R-Pinks)

JDM RSB - Modded Kartboy SS - Subaru Momo Knob

Subastyle Grille

Thanks all...I did get the windows tinted which I think really looks good with white. I had an aspen white wrx and really liked that color combo so I am happy with the choice. It is going in on Monday however because I hear a sound coming from the front end around 60 mph. Either I have a bad tire or a bad wheel bearing. It makes this kind of harmonic humming sound that shouldn't be there. Hopefully it is an easy fix.

Very nice! I also went from a 05 GT Limited to a 07 2.5i Limited.

It is a very nice car, and if the GT did not exist, people would actually say it is quite peppy!

White has always been my favorite color! :wub:

GL

X

---

A few other things I have noticed that are different from my 05 GT is the new one doesn't have the underside(engine) cover to keep road grime out. Maybe the new GT and 3.0 do...I am also a big fan of the fold down rear seats with pass through. I noticed the Yokohama's have about 180 treadwear rating...not so hot. So far I enjoy driving it and the level or refinement make the power difference acceptable. It will be strange putting regular gas in a car. Last time I did that was in 2001.

DSCN2986.thumb.JPG.9e76910b1b4029d24d899f00453761d0.JPG

DSCN2991.thumb.JPG.cdf95364e1f94216b7e6fe86fa191a21.JPG

Guest heightsgtltd
^ I was just about to ask the same question on where was the engine cover.

http://www.foodservicedirect.com/productimages/WE632REYNs.jpg

:p

Took it in today to see if humming/drone sound around 60mph was wheel bearings. Dealer doesn't think so. They lifted the car and listened for it at speed and didn't hear anything. I rotated tires this afternoon to see if maybe it is tire noise.

Took it in today to see if humming/drone sound around 60mph was wheel bearings. Dealer doesn't think so. They lifted the car and listened for it at speed and didn't hear anything. I rotated tires this afternoon to see if maybe it is tire noise.

its the Yokos.....with some mileage (a few thousand) it goes away

Archived