LegacyGT.com

Door lock issue. After it was stolen

So my power door locks haven't worked since my car was stolen and the radio was taken out.

Is there any wiring or switch or something of that nature behind the radio that controls the power locks? Mine is a 96 which has the setup where the driver door controls the other 3 doors.

I am curious as to what look for. Electrical is not my forte per say. Heh.

Its not part of the alarm. Its part of the remote acsess module. Aka keyless entry. It has to be pluged in to power any lock with the remote.

Also. Check the two grounds that are located on the left ans right dash mount points below the radio. Maybe he unplugged them.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 year later...

Similar issue. My locks don't work. There is a security light on my dash; does this mean I have an alarm?!?!? An alarm that's deactivated?!? I don't have keyless entry. Mines a 95 legacy wagon.

How do I fix my locks?!?

Just bought the car, haven't had a chance to do anything.

I'll check the fuse when I get home. Hope it's so something so simple as that :)

If it's not, does anyone have info on the actuators on the door? What to look for? A thread to follow? All the threads about locks are dealing with hatch locks that don't open; mine doesn't lock :/

actuators are just solenoids, and the 95-96 have 4 of them. 1 each in all the doors but the driver door, and one in the hatch. they are all triggered by the lock mechanism in the driver door. for later models (which im assuming you have, since there is a security light) have all 4 doors actuated. it should be a small unit inside the door skin, probably along the back side where the latch is located. there will be a 12v wire and ground to it, as well as a rod (or 2) that links it to the lock mechanism for the door. it is easy enough to disconnect the harness (you have to reach inside the door to do this) and plug a 9v battery with wires attached to it and activate the solenoid, proving the thing works. if they work at the actuator, you can start looking for the keyless entry module under the kick panel and see why it isnt working anymore.

not sure what else you need an answer for, there are only 3 parts to the system. controller (under kick panel), relays (probably under the dash), and the actuators. if the actuators work, reprogram your fob and see if it starts working. if not, start looking at the control module.

security light on dash = built in security system

no fob means you should try to find one.

regardless of all that, the door locks arent being activated, so... trace the signal like i mentioned above. test the actuators. if they work, test the buttons. if they work, find the relays.

if you have a 97+ find the keyless entry controller and figure out why it isnt triggering.

if the solenoid has no power going to it,

check the wiring where it jumps from the A pillar to the door.

breaks there are not common,

but it is a place where they could happen.

but look for power, and ground in the door first.

Archived