LegacyGT.com

How does this look, learning view, thanks!

2manysubies

I am able to connect ECU to Learning view no issues, when I attempt to run RR logger I get "unable to connect to ecu, ecu unknown". Closed computer, started car first, let laptop boot with usb OBD cable attached still not working, have Vag com type cable on COM2 @ 4800 Baud, I gotta be doing something wrong. Any ideas would be appreciated. 05 LGT stock. laptop win XP sp3.

Mac

You can get the latest ECU definitions here:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=360

Download that, extract to the romraider folder.

I assume you've verified that COM2 is the correct port for the cable?

Does EcuFlash see your cable?

btw, it's perfectly ok to post questions in the guide thread. That's what it's there for :)

Down loaded from your link, just the standard one not the metric, installed in RR directory, (removed old file as well)learning view still works, identifies car and ECU(like in first post) does not connect in ECU flash, (yes I picked the car from the list) it also does not connect in RR logger, says make sure cable is plugged in etc, cannot interface etc. I'm kinda lost, a week ago I removed all RR/ecu flash/learning view software and did a complete re-install, still no Joy.

Mac

using ecuflash_129 from original instructional

Invar,

Cable is about a month old, driver signing is FTDI, driver name is ftser2k.sys, Com 2 checked again @ 4800 baud, I'll take a look at your driver recommendation.

Adoniram,

Yes, I'm quite computer literate, and my 21yo son is a freakin CPU wiz, I can't keep up with him, but since this program has been giving me issues, I've been letting him do the maneuvering within the directories. Yes sir, "No vehicle interface" with ecu flash. when I select the car, there are 2 2005-2006 wrx/lgt etc I tried both. I even tried a 2007, I know(2007) it's a cannibus car and I don't have a tactix cable, THAT it noticed, Bla Bla non canni Bla bla, which leads me to believe it is at least seeing the harness?? I'm out of guess's, I may consider a AP, all my mod parts are building up, just need a few more things, I really need to get this to work BEFORE the mods, heck you guys know where I'm coming from and thanks for the help!

Mac

Ok, if EcuFlash is saying "No vehicle interface" that means the drivers need to be changed. You can do this by opening up Device Manager, right-clicking on the correct COM device, and updating driver. The steps are almost the same as they are here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3792501&postcount=138

The driver file is this: FTDIBUS.INF

It is located in the EcuFlash folder, under another folder called "Drivers"

If you and you are son are fairly computer savvy, you should be able to get through that. If not, lemme know and I'll see if I can get you some better step-by-step instructions.

No luck this morning, changed drivers as suggested ECU screen:

[22:47:06.043] unable to open OpenPort device [ Serial ].

[22:47:06.043] unable to connect to vehicle interface.

RR Logger does not work either

Com settings correct, now com5 4800b no flow control(default) {frustration setting in}

Any other ideas greatly appreciated (besides AP tuner at this point LOL)

Mac

Hmmmm... wtf....

try this:

1) disconnect cable from laptop

2) open a command console

3) type: "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1"

4) type: "start devmgmt.msc"

5) in device manager, go to view->show hidden devices

6) delete ALL instances of the openport/tactrix/vagcom/whatever you want to call them drivers. you'll note that some of them are greyed out. this means that the device is not connected currently, but it shows that the software is install.

this is the way to clear out the old software. after doing all of the above, reboot.

THEN reconnect your cable, and install the drivers i gave you. hopefully that will work....?

OK, mine looks similar except there is no communications port(yours is com5), I reinstalled the driver for the cable from one of the above posts, I have some info...first off, it didn't work again. Secondly, when I bought the car 6 month ago, it had 3 wires coming up from behind the dash by the drivers A-pillar, here's the PiX, I thought it might me a GPS or XM deal, but I bet the guy had a AP mounted there?? On the A-pillar, there are some wear marks in the interior cover about 3" above the dash surface, can't see it in this pic, cause I used Macro, I wonder where these wires go??? Here it is:

http://i42.tinypic.com/34dr8tj.jpg

I had a vag-com that i tried to use with my friend's 05 lgt. I fought with trying to get it to work for weeks. I said fuuuuuuuk thiiiiiiis and bought a tactrix. Best purchase. If invar cant figure it out i dont think im much help

iNVAR just saved me, if your going to do more ecu stuff id recommend ordering one while you try to figure it out. you might have your new cable before you figure it out, and then, from now on itll be a=easier and faster.

just my 2 cents

After screwing with my vagina-com my friend loaded win 7 on his macbook pro and everything worked :mad: my laptop had win 7 home premium. I think it needs professional or something i dunno. Doesnt matter now.

Thank you folks for all your insight! Here's my plan, Try this with windows 7, I've got laptops with Windows 7 ultimate, that is something I can do tomorrow, so that's what I'll do. If that turns out unacceptable, I will make a decision between buying a tactrix cable(around $170) or press the "EASY Button" and go Cobb AP, cha chinggggg!!

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Respectfully,

Mac

There are new instructions for making it all work with Win 7 in the "complete beginners guide" thread. I just posted those last week and tested on Home Premium and Enterprise. Both worked the same, and it's easier than XP.

Well I tried this all morning to get Win 7 to find a driver, which it did, kind of generic, usb{}-serial, was listed at the bottom of ecuflash, no, didn't work on the car either, I even took apart the cable OBDII end, 4 screws, to admire the cold and incomplete solder joints on the circuit board(which I fixed). I really wanna get the .50 cal out and "Fix" it for good, the only driver this cable is gonna get is me driving over it with the car! time for another choice. I'm pondering..

Archived