LegacyGT.com

Does the LGT stock stereo have an output for an aftermarket sub?

meythodrider

I currently have an amp and sub setup in my Prelude. I'm looking to get a LGT and possibly installing my current sub and amp. I know there's a sub option offered by Subaru. My questions are:

Can I take my current sub and plug it into the LGT's stock stereo?

Would I need an amp?

Anybody know how much power the stock stereo puts out to each speaker and also to the optional amp?

The LGT stereo is not built to be easily customized. Your sub isn't going to be a plug and play type thing. There are no RCA jacks on the back, so in order to use your amp and sub you are going to need to be really good at hacking into the electronics on the factory deck. Unless you are comfortable with electronics and what it will take to modify the LGT to accept an aftermarket stereo, then I would suggest looking at a different car if audio quality is the primary concern. This is not the most stereo mod friendly car in the world.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

The LGT's head unit has four channels of output (Front Left, Front Right, Rear Left and Rear Right). The optional Subaru subwoofer simply "t-connects" to the rear channels (kind of lame, if you ask me). Any aftermarket amp with suitable inputs (preferably of the differential balanced variety) could connect to the Subaru radio in the same manner.

'easy' is a relative term, but that will likely be much easier to install than any other kind of aftermarket amp and sub. If it is window shaking bass you are looking for, then don't expect to get it out of that thing though. It makes the bass sound a lot better, but it isn't going to rattle your trunk or impress your friends at all.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived