LegacyGT.com

Does anybody know if he is on here?

• 2 weeks later...
hehe thanksgiving night my middle daughter saw this video on another site, ran out to the driveway while my son and i were putting suspension on a car and told "me should do this to lefty!" (lefty is my GT). she totally has the subie bug now.

Limited to say the least, if you want to drive on the right-hand side, we are limited to a postal wagon letting a CPU shift gears for you. Or do what Dave did and spend a lifesavings to import parts and work your balls off at it. Thing is no matter how many Japanese parts he has in there it still has a us vin# and smells like hamburgers and hot dogs..our delectible national foods if you didn't catch the joke.

Edit: not taking away from what Dave did which is an amazing looking and running car I'm jus' sayin.

That is really unfortunate. My brother wants a turbo legacy after taking a rip in mine so we will be investigating the jdm twin turbos although I have heard so many negative views on the setup that the turbos may battle each other. Resulting in reduced boost up high.

I hate the idea of driving on the right but for the price and mileage you get its the way to go vs buying a wrx for 9g with 130k miles

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

That motor is a unicorn, a lot of people that import them here snatch the turbos out and put a big turbo to push past 20psi from the two instances I have heard. I'm not big into turbo charging because I could never get my hands on a car that has one.

What do you mean unicorn? Does it have good internals? And how tuneable are they? can they reflashed via dyno or accessport? Turbo cars are a lot of fun in that your powerband is exponential vs linear growth.

Its terrible to think the states doesnt get imports. Canada is flooded with supras and skylines tons of gc8 wrxs and stis and there all cheap and a good way to turn heads.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I believe the owner of that car is the owner of the shop that acumenhokie takes his 5th Gen GT to.

You Sir are correct. They will be doing my build as well.

Dave has since bagged the leggy so the ride height has changed, also if I'm not mistaken he has been winning a few awards on the show circuit. The car is dead sexy in person

Thanks for the comments guys. For some reason people think I spent my life savings building this car. I bought smart as I usually do. I only have a lot of time into this build. I probably have 250-300 hours into this and I chose to build it this way because it's US legal and no one does it. I could have easily done a STI swap but I like doing projects that no one does. As Rester said the car is now on Air Lift Performance Suspension. The car is a blast to drive and handles amazing.

Here's a pic of what it looks like currently

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/hondateque/F2C5CB21-CA9B-46FF-8454-7819A3FB9155_zpslblm5wvf.jpg

My next project is already underway and is prob the craziest car yet. Unfortunately it's not a Subaru but I think everyone with appreciate it in some way.

Dave

http://www.FASTofwestchester.com

That guy or host of the show seems like quite the idiot. Just my opinion.

the host did come off as kind of a bonehead

Matt Farah is actually a pretty cool dude. Watch all of his shows and you'll get a better idea of who he is and what he knows. That's all I'm saying.

Have you guys seen this one?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuqrL86hlyY]Subaru R-STi - JDM vs USDM: A Friendly Rivalry -- /TUNED - YouTube[/ame]

Matt Farah is actually a pretty cool dude. Watch all of his shows and you'll get a better idea of who he is and what he knows. That's all I'm saying.

Matt Farah is great. We had a incredible time doing the shoot. The house that the shoot took place was his friends house. We then went back to Matt's parents house to shower and get changed. Then finally went out to eat and hang at a few bars. Definitely a cool bunch of guys who really like cars, videography and anything tech related.

http://www.FASTofwestchester.com

Archived