LegacyGT.com

Dodged a bullet today, Truck tire exploded in front of me

Driving down the highway today . Headed to my old Townhouse to get parts to exchange and do a partial part out for sale of the Leggy (bummed but have to do it to pay for my mom's Cancer treatment).

Anyhow's a semi truck blew out a tire in front of me in the next lane over. Out of the corner of my eye I see this large and ominous black carcass flying at my Wagon. I threw the wheel hard to avoid damage and almost lost it (I was doing 80 MPH). Thanks to the great handling of the wagon I was able to pull it off without landing in a ditch. I then realized that all the mods I have put into the car helped me at the very moment. I almost cried wub :'(

Yea bummed about selling the wagon. But I live now in Hawaii and have a Forester over there . Just came to Fla to be with Family over the Holidays. I really missed the wagon. Nothing like power and control . Had forgotten how capable our cars are. Its really a track worthy but still streetable machine. I thought about shipping her to Hawaii but it won't fill my need over there. I need something more offroadie to get me to surf spots. Foz does well there. Luckily I had just done an autocross two weeks ago and dialed in the stiffer settings to my Koni's . Here is a pic of that with my old archrival nemesis in the Cobra look Mustang (All fluff) . I beat him once again soundly. Told him I was selling and he cracked a smile. Another member on these boards will buy her and will keep the tradition alive (he autocrosses too and came to see my ride that day) . Eventually i will be back in the Turbo realm . My current NA is only temporary.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2df20b3127cceff57c2fec6a100000030O00AaN2zRq2aNWYPbz4U/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

Thanks, you have a pretty sweet wagon yourself.

I definitely believe in Karma. Within the first month of getting my WRX I had a similar experience. Going to work early one day a flatbed 18 wheeler had a palate full of construction equipment come off and explode onto the highway. I dodged flying debris but got hit in the front quarter panel and it also tore one of my brand new tires (toyo T1R's). Other cars around me weren't so lucky it was full on carnage , cars flipping and flying . Looked like a scene from a modern chase scene . A few people got seriously hurt and one person passed. Tied up traffic for almost an entire day. I was lucky

Mostly selling as a whole . Not much time to part out. I leave back to hawaii at the end of the week. Some stuff for sale.

Jl audio Wagon Stealthbox

Hanabi tails

Possible my Wilwoods

Possibly my black prodrives with autocross tires (Kuhmo V 710's)

Just checked the Hanabi's , all the the LED"s are perfect. They will be for sale shortly, I'll post a link to the sale . LMK if you are interested Leo . I know you were looking for a set at one time. Cleaned her up today . Still looks incredibly beautifull on the outside with nary a door ding. Paint has help up great. Now Why am I selling again? almost having second thoughts. On the other hand the guy and his wife who test drove her this pm were impressed with the suspension and overall car dynamics. He came from a Bugeye with a 16G and E 85. A tweaker of sorts just like me. He had an open engined truck, sailboards, archery set, knick knacks . tools everywhere. Perfect person to take care of my ride (going to a good home). A DIY guy. Here are some pics I took today. Wub :('

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2df23b3127cceff517695afd500000060O00AaN2zRq2aNWYPbz4U/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2df23b3127cceff5156ebafbb00000030O00AaN2zRq2aNWYPbz4U/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

I had that happen to me on the freeway before, an old truck was hauling a table or something and it just fell out in front of me, at least I was able to get out of the way even with stock suspension. I pulled up next to them and the idiots were just laughing.

Let me know if you want to sell the tail lights and how much.

I almost sold my wagon UNTIL the front bodywork got a bit messed up and now with a new engine from SOA and it being paid off makes this a keeper (at least for now). An econo map from my tuner and I'm set!

Archived