LegacyGT.com

What do you 2.5GT 5EAT guys get for MPG?

i have an 05 gt with 87000 miles and driving easy in the city i get 19 average and 26 on the highway. the great thing is the average mpg doesn't drop much driving harder. i have a 280-300 mile range with full tank according to the gauge on dash.

Mixed miles at about 18 mpg according to the dash gauge. I haven't taken the time to calculate it by hand lately.

I get 15-16 in town, but I get on it from stoplights, and about 25 or 26 on the highway.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Guest PeteAWD
Sucks, mine fluctuates between 14-20. It's all about how you drive it. The engine certainly wasn't designed for good mileage, despite the design of the AVCS. I have to run 93 as well. It runs terrible on regular or off brand fuel. I found the car gets better mileage if you run 93.

Normal 91 octane: 21-22 city, 27-30 highway

Winter 91 octane: 16-18 city, 24-26 highway

normally, it's a mix of normal and spirited driving.

Long distance driving: In 2 1K drives, I got 30.9 mpg one way when I really tried to lay off the accelerator and drive conservatively, and then got 27.1 on the return 1K drive with the cruise set on 80mph for almost the entire drive.

2005 LGT 5EAT

White to Yonkers BRP: 3times/week

White Plains to Harlem Saw Mill Westside Highway: Daily

White Plains to Queens Hutch to White Stone: Once a week

Trip comps says, 21.9....but my calculation sat 19.5~21 mpg

I notice that I get better MPG, if I drive it harder.

92 octane 45k miles on car, synth

2005 Legacy GT 5eat 35k miles.

Full tank of gas fill up: 44$ 13.7 gallons @ 3.19$ (93)

Gauge displays 15-15.9 combined/mixed driving

Tank of gas mileage: 200-245 miles.

I have 17.7 (Boston city driving)

edit: S mode, stock, AVO exhaust, K&N panel filter.

I want a prius now :( :( :(

Stock: 15-16 city / 21-22 highway

Precision tuned stage 2: 17-18 city / 25-26 highway (carefully staying out of boost and only driving 55mph into a slight headwind I once netted 29.5mpg over a 130 mile trip. But it wasn't a fun ride, lol.)

I'm on a pro-tune stage 2 with ELH and I average about 20mpg. Most of the driving is city with some highway.

If I'm cruising for the whole tank around 75-80 mph, I average about 24mpg.

I get about 22 mpg in mostly city driving at stage 2. I tried to flash the econo mode on the AP one time a few years ago when gas got over $4.00 and I gained a whopping 1 mpg more and a 100% reduction in :)

2009 with 12k miles, AP stage 1, stock intake and exhaust (Hogzausted)

70% highway (60-70 mph), 30% spirited acceleration in town

AVERAGE: 29.1 mpg

KEY: Use S# for spirited acceleration THEN convert to intelegent mode when done showing-off ASAP and upshift quickly the rest of the time. When I stayed in S# 100% of time my combined average 24-26 mpg.

16 -18 City

22-32 HWY

Mods: K&N panel air filter, without intake silencer, gutted up pipe, ZeroSport scoop insert, washers in the exhaust (to hear the boxer music)

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Archived