LegacyGT.com

Do the people who hate the seatbelt chime not wear their belts?

akm3

I'm not sure what the issue is (don't yet own a Legacy)

Everyone seems to hate the seatbelt chime and go out of their way to disable it, but my question is does it not shut off when you buckle your belt or something? Or are you just not wearing your seatbelt that makes it so irritating to you? (whereas most cars would shut off the chime after several seconds regardless if you 'buckle-up' or not.

I wear my seatbelt all the time when I drive so I'm thinking the chime wouldn't be an issue for me? Or, is it and I just don't get why yet?

Thanks!

-Allen

P.S. Driver72, I'm still curious about if you've ever successfully transferred your Sirius lifetime to another receiver.

No it goes off, but I don't need a silly chime to remind me. I always wear it but when I'm just sitting there loading CDs or something I don't need to hear it.

Song of Post- Led Zeppelin- Whole Lotta Love

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

I just did the chime fix a couple days ago and its great. I always buckle up when I'm in the car but there were plenty of times when it was annoying. Like getting situated in the car before buckling up, sitting in my car waiting for it to warm up, swapping out cds in the cd changer while sitting in my driveway, etc.
.o0O0o.

I HATE THE CHIME AND I DONT WEAR MY SEAT BELT AT ALL! anyone got a problem with that?

guess not :D

I do wear it when I feel like im driving abit too crazy though : P

all that was a joke, I wear it all the time, the problem is that its way too annoying if ur just waiting for ur gf for example, makes u put the belt on when u dont really have to. but again, if you like the chime then dont disable it, we're not forcing every member to diable theirs.

Ditto with the above. I always wear my seatbelt when I'm on the road, but the chime is annoying when I'm loading CD's / waiting / at the drivethru. Also, I've got a long, narrow driveway and I don't like the seatbelt on when I'm turned way around backing up. Also also: my 40lb dog likes to ride shotgun, and she's heavy enough to set off the warning unless I buckle the seatbelt behind her, which is a PITA. Basically, there are LOTS of reasons I'm very happy to have done away with the ridiculously annoying chime. I've never found the chime in another car objectionable - just this one.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I wear my seat belt all the time...but as others said, it was very annoying when you had the ignition on, but didn't need to be buckled up. It still goes off now with the fix, but it doesn't continue to ding every 10 seconds or so (or whatever it was).

most of us wear our seatbelts, the chime is just a pain in teh ass because it always goes off when we don't need it to. say, if i'm clenaing ym car and playing music, it goes off. if i put my car in park ina parking lot and decide to rest for a minute or two, its still going. if i'm doing anything in the car that does not include it being in motion, it will go off. thats why its a pain in the ass. i put ym belt on before i even start the car, so that doesn't say much for subaru's annoying reminder.

I wear seatbelt on an unconscious level. I could be moving my car in the parking lot and I'll wear my seatbelt. When I'm using an ATM, I don't need it to remind me that I unbuckled it.

I wear seatbelt on an unconscious level. I could be moving my car in the parking lot and I'll wear my seatbelt. When I'm using an ATM, I don't need it to remind me that I unbuckled it.

He does....he even asked for the mask when he took a drive in my car. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I hate that chime too but I do wear my seatbelt most of the time. The times I don't wear it are: if I need to move my car across the street for alt. side parking, parrelel parkinggoing through a drive-through, and a few stupid things i cant think of. It just got really anoying trying to park my car with it, but thankfully that 80's Nintendo style cheat code to turn it off worked for me.

I warm my car up every morning by letting it run for a bit. That stupid dinger is in there, chiming away the whole time warning someone to buckle up. You think Subaru could have programmed it NOT to come on if the car is in neutral with the e-brake on. :rolleyes:

It's just annoying having Big Brother always tell you to wear your seat belt.

The chime also goes off when there are passengers in the vehicle. I'm of the mind, if you're a passenger in my car and want to buckle up, then great, but if not then that's up to you. I don't want to hear that chime if somebody else chooses not to wear their seat belt.

I wish it would wait till I tried to put the car in gear before dinging at me. When I get into the car, I have the key in my hand since I just unlocked the door. My hands are full, so I can't yet put my seatbelt on. So I put the key in the ignition and rather than going back and doing it later, I start the car DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! until I can with my now free hand buckle the seatbelt. Then I put the car in gear and start moving.

I wouldn't do anything different no matter what they did with the seatbelt dinger, but it would annoy me much less if it only dinged at me if I had put the car in gear and actually forgotten to put my seatbelt on.

Thanks for the responses:

I didn't realize that:

A) Passengers not wearing their belt set off the chime

B) The chime NEVER "times out"

C) The chime is active even when you are in park / not moving / cars not running.

That sucks!

I will disable it also, when I finally save up enough cash to buy the car

-Allen

I like it because it makes my passengers put their seatbelt on. This is good because if I ever get pulled over, I wont suffer the fine and the surcharge that my lovely state enforces for unbelted passengers...

I had it off for a while but never put it back on after I installed a Basslink the other day

It keeps me from being the seatbelt nazi

-Hatt

2005 Obsidian Black Legacy GT 5MT Un-Limited Sedan

Archived