LegacyGT.com

DO NOT buy from SubaruGenuineParts.com

long story short they have the wrong part listed and they tried to pin the blame on me. I have a 2.5i and that does not have heated seats and entering my VIN would have been pointless.

Manufacturer: Subaru

Part Number: 92133AJ01A Part: Top Cover Part Notes: Auto trans, with heated seats.

Top Cover for 2014 Subaru Legacy|92133AJ01A : Subaru Genuine Parts | Buy Subaru Parts and Accessories Online

Part Number: 92133AJ03A Part: Top Cover Part Notes: Auto trans, without heated seats.

Top Cover for 2014 Subaru Legacy|92133AJ03A : Subaru Genuine Parts | Buy Subaru Parts and Accessories Online

What Subaru says the right part number is.

http://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru__/SWITCH-CASE-CONSOLE/49311284/92133AJ03A.html

When I pointed this out to them, this was their response

You did not provide a vin number at the time of order, as such, we were left with no method to confirm if the item selected was correct for your car. As stated on our website

"In order to ensure proper part fitment please enter your vehicles VIN number. Without the correct VIN number we can not guarantee you have purchased the correct part. Any incorrect parts purchased without the VIN number will need to be returned at the purchasers expense."

Needless to say, they will not be getting anymore business from me.....

I purchase A LOT of parts from them. Almost all my parts in fact. I put in my VIN number every time. I feel I am very capable at looking up parts, yet they have caught several errors and call me with 24 hours of my order to confirm because the part doesn't apply to my VIN number.

I really feel for you in your situation. It does suck to get the wrong part. Fortunately, you are only out ~$20 and not hundreds...

Your Vin number can verify factory installed items (ie. Heated seats).. I see what you are saying but if I ever had a question I call them directly and include my Vin to keep mistakes from happening... how ever now you could add some other switches there instead of the heated seats ones if you were so much inclined

Part Number: 92133AJ01A Part: Top Cover Part Notes: Auto trans, with heated seats.

Top Cover for 2014 Subaru Legacy|92133AJ01A : Subaru Genuine Parts | Buy Subaru Parts and Accessories Online

Part Number: 92133AJ03A Part: Top Cover Part Notes: Auto trans, without heated seats.

Top Cover for 2014 Subaru Legacy|92133AJ03A : Subaru Genuine Parts | Buy Subaru Parts and Accessories Online

I went to that website and they list both parts for 2.5i base, whether or not the VIN is added. Are the part numbers switched? or did you order the top one thinking it would be the correct part since 2.5i base does not come with heated seats?

Over the years, I have an errors in parts diagrams before. In the future I would add your VIN unless you are ordering a non standard part for your car. The couple different online website that I have used for my Subaru parts both have the caveat about the VIN on them. Most of the online website all seem to pull from the same parts diagram pages as well, it is probably something Subaru distributes to their dealers.

Well it looks like some of you clearly do not know how to read... so lemme explain this to you.

1. I went to their website

2. I ordered the part that they said was for cars with heated seats 92133AJ01A

3. they shipped me the part that they said was for heated seats

4. I get part that is for cars without heated seats

Did you all fail to see what happened here?

Lesson learned spend the extra $5 and go to the local dealer to managed to get the right part number and send it to me. that part number for those of you whom are confused is 92133AJ03A, the one they claim is for cars with out heated seats

Well it looks like some of you clearly do not know how to read...

The issue is that they subscribe to a parts listing service that many other website do. They didn't make it and cannot change it. Some of the descriptions are wrong which is why they ask for the VIN. Had you walked into a dealer to order the part, one of the first things they would have asked you for is the VIN. This is also the reason many places make you pay for special order parts before they are ordered. They are quite clear on their site about their order policy.

One could argue that they should reimburse you for the part. However, you would have to pay for return shipping.

Reading.thumb.JPG.38a066c27536761e9ce595b54c3c15a5.JPG

While it is easy to say he should have put the VIN (and he should've) the vendor is trying to use it as an out on accepting a return when they shipped the wrong part. Both are in the wrong, but YouEmMaiMai less so.

His first post is not clear on the exact parts transaction issue, so it's causing confusion in this thread.

He wanted to buy the heated seat cutout console trim, but his car does not have heated seats. Putting in the correct VIN number would have gotten him the non heated seat trim piece which is that part that he did not want.

While it is easy to say he should have put the VIN (and he should've) the vendor is trying to use it as an out on accepting a return when they shipped the wrong part. Both are in the wrong, but YouEmMaiMai less so.

No, I read it as he's pissed he has to pay for shipping back. Nowhere does he say they aren't willing to take it back.

It is pretty simple, if he had entered the VIN, return shipping would be on them.

He didn't and return shipping is on him.

And yes in the end it's his fault.

i like to take part numbers to ebay. Some of the sellers have pictures, and if they all look right then I know that my part number is correct.

This wouldn't be the first time that a dealer or whomever had the part numbers wrong. You have to take everything they say with a grain of salt.

Totally unnecessary thread. Own your mistake. It's a $16 part, shipping can't be more than a few bucks.

they can own their mistake that they refused rectify. The fact that they tried to pin it on me entirely and the fact that you are incapable of understanding this:

they had the wrong description on said part....

Where exactly are you confused?

Please do us all a favor and own the fact that you cannot understand the issue even after it was literally spelled out for you....

The correct response would be

Sorry Mr. Yeuemmaimai, we see that we have the wrong description on the part and we would love to cross ship you the correct part.

Instead I got a load of BS and no resolution.

That's it

So from now on, I will just use the local dealer to get my parts as at least they get it right and if they get it wrong, they will make it right....

I do understand what happened, not confused at all. You didn't do your due diligence to verify that the part you ordered was correct, and took someone else's, or a database's, word for it, AND didn't follow the seller's policy to protect yourself. And now you're complaining about it and want to drag the seller's name thru the mud when they don't have any control over the database that they subscribe to. They asked for a VIN for a reason....to verify it for you and you thought you were smarter.

fine, from now on they do not get my business. I used their website and it was their error, not mine.

I ordered what they said was the correct part, they would be man enough to rectify the situation without saying "well you did not give us a VIN"

VIN was irrelevant in this case. their part numbers are WRONG.

How you can have the balls to blame me is beyond ridiculous..

so in essence you are giving them a pass for wrong part description...

The correct response would be

Sorry Mr. Yeuemmaimai, we see that we have the wrong description on the part and we would love to cross ship you the correct part.

Instead I got a load of BS and no resolution.

That's it

So from now on, I will just use the local dealer to get my parts as at least they get it right and if they get it wrong, they will make it right....

MR????? Figured with all this bitching you'd be a girl

Archived