LegacyGT.com

Do I need 30K mile Maintenance Service from Dealer

Dear every Subaru owner

I have a 2005 legacy GT, and have ~28k mile on my car, the dealer ask me to do the 30k mile maintenance service. I don't know anything about car, Should I need to do the 30k mile service. I show you the list of to do in 30k mile service menu, which one I should take a look, which doesn't need. It is because, the 30k mile service is expensive ~$570 us dollars. Second, I'm so afraid when the dealer open some part of my car to check, and take a look, but they always don't put it back exactly after the check. I just afraid they may call other unnecessary demage of my car. Please any expert give me some advice. Thanks You.

Menu of 30K Mile Maintenance Service from Subaru dealer suggest me to do:

Change Engine Oil/Filter

Replace Drain Plug Gasket

Inspect C/V Boots

Inspect Belts and Hoses

Inspect Brake Linings

Inspect Air Filter

Replace Fuel Filter

Inspect PCV Value

Flush Cooling System

Service F& R Differentials

Service Transmission

Replace Spark Plugs

Multipoint Inspection

It's safe to say that you don't need the dealer for any kind of service. Useless, just plain useles. take it to an independant and save some money
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Spark plugs are a 60k item for LGT's not 30k, and I believe the fuel filter is very difficult to replace and not a 30k item as well. So, I wouldn't take it to the dealer, it sounds like they want to do a bunch of extra work that isn't necessary in order to fatten their wallets.

Shit, I hate that set up. Who in their right mind ever thought of that? I changed many fuel filters and cut them open after to find grunge and dirt!

They must have some moron Chrysler engineer over there who convinced them it was the way to go.:lol:

Dear every Subaru owner

I have a 2005 legacy GT, and have ~28k mile on my car, the dealer ask me to do the 30k mile maintenance service. I don't know anything about car, Should I need to do the 30k mile service. I show you the list of to do in 30k mile service menu, which one I should take a look, which doesn't need. It is because, the 30k mile service is expensive ~$570 us dollars. Second, I'm so afraid when the dealer open some part of my car to check, and take a look, but they always don't put it back exactly after the check. I just afraid they may call other unnecessary demage of my car. Please any expert give me some advice. Thanks You.

Menu of 30K Mile Maintenance Service from Subaru dealer suggest me to do:

Change Engine Oil/Filter

Replace Drain Plug Gasket

Inspect C/V Boots

Inspect Belts and Hoses

Inspect Brake Linings

Inspect Air Filter

Replace Fuel Filter

Inspect PCV Value

Flush Cooling System

Service F& R Differentials

Service Transmission

Replace Spark Plugs

Multipoint Inspection

Every thing posted so far is 100% correct! You should replace the air filter. Thats easy to do by yourself, with only a couple of screw drivers. You might also consider replacing the brake fluid and bleeding the brakes.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived