LegacyGT.com

How do my logs look?

C-MuRdaA

This is my first time logging and these were the two "best" logs. I am just trying to practice before i send my logs to Infamous.

Car is an '09 Spec B with ERZ downpipe, Borla CBE and flashed with Cobb 93 octane Stage II map.

I know I logged different parameters in the two logs and I know I'm supposed to be at WOT, how I only got 99.96% is a mystery to me.

datalog5.csv

datalog9.csv

I'm not familiar with Cobb logging (RomRaider for me), so I can't comment on the "Learned Ignition" parameter, but DAM is 1, so that is good. Knock Learning (I'm assuming Fine Learning in RR) hits a couple times in log5, incrementing to -2.8. It would be preferable to see a completely knock free log, so some timing might need to be dropped at the rpm and load at the knock. I'm assuming Knock Correction (deg) is Feedback Knock Correction on RR, and that is nice to see it clear. Everything else seems relatively normal/expected on a stock tune.

In each log, you didn't quite capture all of what you need to get a full picture of your tune. You'll need to combine parameters from both to do that. Search around here and romraider for what to log (or just ask Shamar (Infamous)).

General suggestions:

Engine Speed

Ignition Total Timing

Manifold Pressure/Boost

Knocksum (or feedback knock and fine learning knock, DAM/IAM can be pulled, I think, using Cobb's cable before and after the run using LearningView)

Wastegate Duty

Requested torque

Engine Load

Shamar gave me a list of 10 things he needed logged. Stupidly, I changed the "Live view" list instead of the "Log view" list. i will try again tomorrow if I get the chance to do a nice third gear pull in NYC traffic during rush hour... LOL

Here's the list:

Engine Speed (rpm)

Calculated Load (load)

Dyn. Adv. Mult. (DAM)

Ignition Adv. (deg)

Knock Correction (deg)

Throttle Position (%)

Boost (PSI)

Wastegate Duty (%)

Mass Air Flow (g/s)

MAF Voltage (V)

3rd gear pulls, 2k to redline.

The list I posted in my second post is the exact list requested by Shamar. I believe learned knock is an option to log, I just need to choose it.

My ast log as taken on an on ramp which is a slight hill, would the fact that it wasn't flat grond matter?

Ok I installed my IPR intercooler over the weekend and took three more logs. I know mod 5k rpms isnt necessarily high enough but i only went as fast as the road allowed.

I noticed that my boost peaked to over 17 and in one log was at 17.98. According to my Cobb AP target boost is 16.5. Does this mean that I am overboosting and something is wrong.

Keep in mind I am still new to logging and I am practicing logging so i can get tuned by Infamous.

datalog11.csv

datalog13.csv

datalog14.csv

Those logs look fine, but stop logging "Mass Air Flow Voltage" and start logging "Knock Learning."

MAFv is only interesting if you're approaching the 5-volt limit, and you're not.

In order to know if your car is knocking, you must log DAM, Knock Correction, and Knock Learning. The car can respond to knock by adjusting any of them. Since you didn't knock Knock Learning, you can't tell how much the car is knocking.

If you want to know how to read your own logs, read this:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6156

spec B. - I am in the process of getting tuned as we speak but i was running the Cobb Stage II map so I doubt I was doing much harm while making runs.

NSFW - The parameters I logged were specified by Infamous, so thats what I did. Thanks for that information though.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
After two months i just made a log and wanted to see if everything was ok.

What do you guys think?

Looks like knock in column F rows 5-12. Am I right? If so, what do i need to do to fix this issue?

Boost is spiking pretty hard at 2800-3krpm which is causing a dip in power after the spike. Boost looks really good after that and timing is fairly smooth. You may not need to remove any timing to address that knock if you get boost dialed in correctly in the 3k rpm range.

448775822_Screenshot2011-01-11at7_23_36AM.png.ac429534bf3ac72207992ef1c05a553d.png

Archived