LegacyGT.com

Do all Subarus have issues with steering rack?

Rushin

I am a little angry and disappointed. My old 02 wrx used to have a horrible rattle in the steering rack when turning and going over bumps. I could feel every bump going over bumps.

Forward to now. I have an 08 Legacy spec.b. Just today it started to do pretty much the same thing my WRX used to do. Not as bad but when going over small bumps i can feel them in the steering wheel. It almost feels like there is something loose in the steering rack.

Does anyone have this problem? This type of stuff drives me insane! I hate when shit rattles!

Another thing, my headlights are foggy! anyone have foggy headlights on a brand new car?

Is it at or near full lock? If so then yes, it's a Subaru thing. As for the headlights my mom's old STS used to have that issue from day one. You can either deal with the dealer and warranty or try to fix it yourself. The headlight assemblies should have vent on them somewhere. Make sure that's not defective or blocked up. If it's really bad you may need to take the assemblies apart and reseal them. PM one of the members that's into the HID stuff or clearing...they would know better than me.

Archived