LegacyGT.com

DIY Grill

Lextacy02

So I decided to make my own grill considering if cost 300-500 to buy one and they don't even fit right. Anyway i cut out everything in the center or the stock grill and bought some gutter gaurd for Home Depot to put in. The only problem I am having is getting the grill on. Everyone that I have seen that has done this mod has put the grill on the backside of the grill. The only thing is I don't really like that way that looks becuase it sits too far back. There is also holes from where you cut the plastic away.(see picture 1 and 2) I want to put the Grill on the frontside of the grill aginst the little lip that is there,(see picture 3) but i am having trouble cutting the grill out to fit right. Has anyone done this and if so any suggestions on how to get it to fit right. here are some pictures so you can see what i am talking about. I am also going to paint everything black when i finally get the thing on there. and finish it off with the GT symbol form the back of the car that i took off already.

1738698332_Gap1.jpg.0251fd90959b318e6487d1b77fbc458c.jpg

280023897_Gap2.jpg.ecddb5f28d2882c4bd6e0d9b7eefd5ed.jpg

Lip.jpg.149ccbb331645abf8e61352157b2f209.jpg

Tere are many posts about his so try the search for different options.

I did my grill last weekend. I used a template of the shape drawn onto cardboard then cut out a 1/4 in peice of plywood to that shape. Used the wood template to cut and shape the mesh. Then a little finesse to get it to sit perfect in the grill. The extra mesh covered up to holes ok but i plan on filling the holes this weekend with fiberglass and bondo so i can have the mesh site on the back edge w/o holes showing.

yeah but i still dont like the fact that the mesh sits so far back on the grill when you put the mesh behind the grill. What i was wondering is if there is anyway to put the mesh on the front of the grill on that little lip. I did a search and found no one who has done it like this yet. Everyone has put the mesh on the back like you..

looks good, has anyone thought about putting it behind the stock center bar? just as sort of a filler in kinda thing? I think that might look ok.

Btw some mods might want to take a look at the top of the thread linked to in this one, I have no idea what thast all about but its rather.. uh.. angry? post #1 was editted it seems to something rather.. distasteful.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived