LegacyGT.com

How to disable the seat belt alarm? How to disable day time running lights?

So I think I've had enough of the seat belt alarm on my 2005 legacy. I'm searching for a way to disable the alarm (rings continuously until belt is in). This more annoying when I'm working on the engine the alarm is going off...

Please help?

Also, I'm slowly considering disabling the daytime running lights too because my wife always forgets to turn on the lights at night. Its confusing cause at night when u start the car it looks like the lights are already on...

Any help on these two issues would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Ok, you know what, I figured both questions out. Seat belt chime (not alarm i guess) is disabled by plug/unpluging driver seat belt 20 times. A bit of a question on Subaru's end as to why they made it like this, but its solves my problem.

Moderator - if you want, delete this thread as its useless waste of space...

Thanks!

Ah thanks for the advice. I found a thread that mentioned unplugging a white adapter under the driver's seat, but how do we disable the passenger seat permanently. The threads I've seen states the passenger seat's adapter is connected to the air bag system and should not be unplugged.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Ah thanks for the advice. I found a thread that mentioned unplugging a white adapter under the driver's seat, but how do we disable the passenger seat permanently. The threads I've seen states the passenger seat's adapter is connected to the air bag system and should not be unplugged.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Don't do that....a really you don't want to do that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Big time no no. THat is for at least what Audi calls the PODS (passenger ocuppied detectiond system). What it does is if there is no one in the seat it will shut the passenger side airbag off automatically. If it detects a light weight on it (say less then 80lbs) it will reduce the passenger side airbag deployment (meaning if the airbag is a two stage it will only activate one of the stages. You still get teh airbag to fully deploy, it just reduces the force/speed teh airbag deploys at). If it sees a weight above that amount it goes to full force if it sees that the seatblet is buckeled. I may be slightly off about the exacts, but that is the general way and reason for it.

Archived