LegacyGT.com

Digital Gauge Display

You'd think they could have done a little better on the Atari graffics. $300 is within reason if you're deadset on getting gauges into an OEM or aftermarket screen. My recent project with the TurboXS DTEC has hit a wall. Thought I had a viable video output soultion, but its not working out like I had planned. Too bad, their GUI is much more PS3 and less 2600.
ignore him, he'll go away.

Just got an email back from brockway engineering, not bad for a Saturday morning...

The R2000 currently displays either psi or kPa for boost. User

selectable. We can't do any graphics with the video chip that we use.

We have tossed around the idea of a Linux based platform that had much

better graphics capability, but that is a ways off. Our current

4 "gauge" layout is still very easy to read and very functional. People

that have the R2000 now think it's the bomb.

Thanks!

Brockway Engineering

Now when they say bomb, I assume he means some sort of weapon from Missile Command, best Atari 2600 game EVAR!

Just got an email back from brockway engineering, not bad for a Saturday morning...

The R2000 currently displays either psi or kPa for boost. User

selectable. We can't do any graphics with the video chip that we use.

We have tossed around the idea of a Linux based platform that had much

better graphics capability, but that is a ways off. Our current

4 "gauge" layout is still very easy to read and very functional. People

that have the R2000 now think it's the bomb.

Thanks!

Brockway Engineering

Now when they say bomb, I assume he means some sort of weapon from Missile Command, best Atari 2600 game EVAR!

:lol:

• 1 month later...
I wonder if the brockway one can be used with a different output.. such as the navigation unit video input so we could hit the info buttion and then see the brockway display that would be about the next best thing to making the navigation give boost and other gauges

:lol: ROFL! :lol:

I've been working on making a home-made version of a product like this for awhile, but programming a PLC to drive a graphic LCD is harder than I thought...I never thought of just outputting a video signal for another display though...I wonder if that would be easier...there are lots of different video output chips out there, certainly ones that can do a better job than amiga up there.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

I wonder if the brockway one can be used with a different output.. such as the navigation unit video input so we could hit the info buttion and then see the brockway display that would be about the next best thing to making the navigation give boost and other gauges

Yes, that will work.

Anyone know what is required to wire in the brockway system? Not to wire it to the navi but to the other sensors so it can take the readings.

It gets its data from the cars OBDII port. They've got the manual and a list of accessories online as well.

Archived