LegacyGT.com

Differences Between '05-'07 LGT Wagons?

Just in case anyone else is interested, here is the answer to my question. Thanks for the link Claw. :-)

2005 available late May 2004. This is a major 5year remodel as Subaru transforms the Legacy line with an all new focus on comfort, a more current look, safety with 6 standard airbags, and performance with the 2.5L turbo Legacy GT. The similarly new Legacy Outback model, more commonly called the Outback, also gets the same make-over but is on the Outback page

There's a new much more contemporary look, upgraded suspension for a smoother, quieter ride, and many other features.

The models are 2.5i replacing the Legacy L, a new 2.5i Limited, and the GT and GT limited gets the new 250hp turbo engine. There is all new dashboard, body panels, new seats and etc etc. Along with the upscale emphasis, there is a focus on safety and all models have 6 airbags: front, front side, and front and rear side curtain airbags

2006 available mid July. Minor price increases. 4 cylinder horsepower now 175 (from 168). The base cloth model GT has been deleted which means all GT models are GT Limited with leather and sunroof etc.

Manual transmission has been deleted on 2.5i Limited and GT Limited wagon, you can still get a manual transmission on the GT sedan, 2.5i or 2.5i SE models.

New 2.5i Special Edition SE model includes sunroof, power driver's seat etc.

Navigation system now available on GT Limited sedan with automatic transmission as well as on a few Outbacks.

Limited production GT spec.B sedan with upgraded Bilstein suspension, special leather interior, 18" alloys and more available October, 2005. Only 500 witll be made, all titanium colored with brick red leather, Navigation system each with a numbered plaque. The spec.B is the only way to get Navigation on a manual transmission.

New color interior combinations but for the most part they remain the same. 12/5/05 Crash test results: 2006 Legacy is a 'Top Safety Pick' Gold Award winner from Insureance Institiute for Highway Safety. iihs.org. Top Safety Pick winners reflect an elite fraction of the car market.

2007 price drops on many models. iPod plug, MP3 standard on all models. All models pre-wired for optional XM Satellite radio, and remote start (auto trans). Manual transmission dropped from Legacy SE wagon. New SI Drive (Subaru Intelligent Drive) standard on GT turbos. SI Drive allows the driver toselect from 3 drive modes designed for better economy, more aggressive driving, or most aggressive driving. GT Limited (there is no regular GT) gets Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS. GT LImited with Navigation gets the upgraded VDC, Vehicle Dynamic Control, all wheel drive system with traction control previously only on the Outback VDC wagon and Tribeca. GT spec.B now a full but limited production model, only 3000 cars (was 500 in 2006). The 07 spec.B gets Subaru's first 6 spd manual transmision, memory power driver's seat, new gray leather with blue alcantara, Torsen limited slip rear axle and special floor mats.

11/20/2006 crash test result: Legacy GT sedan with Navigation, Tribeca, Forester XT Sports are on the list of only 13 cars that earned the top rating from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (iihs.org).

Archived