LegacyGT.com

how did you pay

zcarmob

I'm just wondering how everyone paid/financed their new legacy. Myself I used the 12k from the insurance for a down payment and the rest I used a convience check from my credit card company. The credit card company had one of those checks with 3.99% for the lifetime of the balance. I looked at interest rates thru the dealer and the best they could get was 4.99% . I figured this was better since I could pay the minimum amount on the credit card for 55 months or I could double the payment each month, save on the interest and get it paid off in 26 months.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I put about 17 down and then used a "blank check loan" from a credit card company. Nice thing is, there's no prepayment penalty, etc.

$4k down + rest is financed through my credit union. All of the banks my dealership worked with turned me down, Chase, BankOne, everything. Then I went into my credit union and they're like how much do you want? They were very open about it. They didn't understand why everyone didn't want my business considering I had the best credit history possible through multiple credit bureaus. Oh well. They snooze they lose. Mine is $230 every 2 weeks, you can pay it off faster by doing bi-weekly and save a bunch on interest. I find it funny, Chase Manhattan turned me down for the loan, but now since I have the car they want me to get their credit card. :lol: No chance in hell now!

[quote name='zcarmob']I'm just wondering how everyone paid/financed their new legacy. Myself I used the 12k from the insurance for a down payment and the rest I used a convience check from my credit card company. The credit card company had one of those checks with 3.99% for the lifetime of the balance. I looked at interest rates thru the dealer and the best they could get was 4.99% . I figured this was better since I could pay the minimum amount on the credit card for 55 months or I could double the payment each month, save on the interest and get it paid off in 26 months.[/quote] I traded my 2000 SAAB 9-5 ($12,500) and paid cash for the remainder (I think it was around $17,800 (taxes were right at $1650!) difference for my GT Limited). Rob Rob

Guest *Jedimaster*
That's funny- my credit union turned me down. I only joined them to see what kind of a rate I'd get anyway. But the credit card companies know me well. Too well, in fact.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='GardenWeasel']My girlfriend bought it for me. :D[/quote] Ree-he-heaaally... Better go put a rock on her finger, like yesterday!

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='NewSubieLegacy']Wrote a check...ouch. No I'm not rich. Just know how to save when I want something. Besides, I hate paying other people interest.[/quote] Nice! Good to see at least one American not putting everything on credit.

Archived