LegacyGT.com

Did they miss the mark on the 2010 Limited

I am looking at a new Subaru Legacy 2010. The new model is more mainstream I know this design has upset the loyal followers. The move can take Subaru to a new level in the auto industry. Finally a model that is large enough to go head to head with Altima, Accord, Camry, and the Mazda 6. I think they did a very nice job with styling.

I think they are very close but miss the target on the Limited. The car in my opinion is missing key features:

Padded upscale dash

Seat memory

Homelink (On Accord)

HID Head Lights

Standard Fog Lights

LED Break Lights

Turn Signal lights on Mirrors

HD Radio

Satellite Radio Standard (On Accord)

The difference between the base model and the limited are not dramatic enough. They could capture higher end customers with the comforts many are accustomed to now in other manufactures offering.

I want to buy into this manufacture but now it seems I have to wait till 2011 to see if they can bring the options up to par.

Am I wrong for wanting these things?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wait the older lgt had pretty much all those options 2010 is the loose!!

:lol: spelling is the lose.

yeah, I have:

signals on mirrors

memory seats

standard fogs

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I am looking at a new Subaru Legacy 2010. The new model is more mainstream I know this design has upset the loyal followers. The move can take Subaru to a new level in the auto industry. Finally a model that is large enough to go head to head with Altima, Accord, Camry, and the Mazda 6. I think they did a very nice job with styling.

Sometimes you guys from SOA really give yourselves away.:rolleyes:

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo102/jagcars26/picard.jpg

absolutsnwbrdr

Thank you, I am excited to get a Subaru I hope sooner then later.

HanGmaN

As for all wheel drive that is a given for subaru. This is why i think this car can mainstreem Subaru to the rest of the world. I know there is a small Subura Club but i think SOA would like to grow as a company.

No disrespect to anyone here.

subaru can mainstream all they want but when all those guys with their 02-03 WRX's their cars start to see better days and subaru isnt making cars appealing to them anymore (i know alot of GD WRX guys who hate the GR body style) they'll be looking elsewhere for a new car. then the years will start trickling, once you get to 2005 LGT guys their cars start seeing better days they will look elsewhere. It makes sense to go mainstream but look at chevy or ford for example, they have always built your mainstream consumer cars(the malibu, aveo, cobalt, focus etc), BUT they also offer sportier cars as well for the car enthusiast to keep their demographics from year to year(Corvette, Camaro, GTO, Mustang). Subaru honestly should have made a completely differant sedan for the middle class consumer market, target that, the outback, the tribeca and the forester for your everyday consumer to compete with the toyota's, honda's etc.. Target the Legacy and Impreza to the young sporty market like how Toyota has the scion division to sell to the younger crowd, the non turbo models to be cool and sporty looking, and the more expensive turbo models like the LGT, WRX, STI for the enthusiast. That would be the best solution in a perfect world, but with how SOA is doing things, we might enter the same generation of SOA we had in the mid 90's, consumer cars and nothing fun about them. Going mainstream isn't always a good thing in business, look at Saturn for example, that was GM's concept originally to build a reliable cheap affordable car, their cars were unique looking (uniquely ugly!) but they sold a sh*t ton of them, now since they went mainstream how many saturns do you see on the road? and GM is folding the saturn division

These SOA drones are annoying. SOA made a mockery of a rather decent, all-around performer and now that their customer base is not looking forward at their new toy, they are invading the forums.

The 05-09 LGT is to the 2010+ what Windows XP is to VISTA. A better, faster, more glamorous, more established, more nimble, easily upgradeable platform that can still does a better job while spanning a decade of automobile design.

I know there is a small Subura Club but i think SOA would like to grow as a company.

No disrespect to anyone here.

There are 32k members of this club. You really think that is a small number?

Outisde of Nasioc, the next biggest Subaru clubs are within +/- 10 000 members of lgt.com membership.

I think they are very close but miss the target on the Limited. The car in my opinion is missing key features:

Padded upscale dash

Seat memory

Homelink (On Accord)

HID Head Lights

Standard Fog Lights

LED Break Lights

Turn Signal lights on Mirrors

HD Radio

Satellite Radio Standard (On Accord)

The difference between the base model and the limited are not dramatic enough. They could capture higher end customers with the comforts many are accustomed to now in other manufactures offering.

I want to buy into this manufacture but now it seems I have to wait till 2011 to see if they can bring the options up to par.

Am I wrong for wanting these things?

Yes, you are wrong for wanting those things.

SOA, has told us that previous legacy owners they should be grateful they got tires on their wheels. :lol:

First of all GM is a mess. Subaru is a Japanese with less baggage. Subaru as a auto mfg is so much smaller then almost all the others. They make a quality product and as a good buisness should is try to grow. Be well rounded offer the Impreza for the diahards and make a family sadan that offers the features needed to compeate in 2010.

First of all GM is a mess. Subaru is a Japanese with less baggage. Subaru as a auto mfg is so much smaller then almost all the others. They make a quality product and as a good buisness should is try to grow. Be well rounded offer the Impreza for the diahards and make a family sadan that offers the features needed to compeate in 2010.

Subaru should grow like all the other manufacturer's.

I mean look at Toyota...

Billions of dollars of losses and their working hard to make sure the get their achieve their third consecutive year of losses with no sign of an end.

I'm sure Subaru wants that type of mobile appliance action:lol:

Being bigger doesn't mean you make more money or make it easier to make more money. At no other point in time, should this fact be more apparent in aumotive industry.

The fact is this could be thir breakout year. Even if the 2x they would still be small so why not try to grow and gain other demigraphics other then the small loyal group they have now.

Doubt it...

With the incentives on other FWD based family sedans and AWD is not that compelling of a advantage/feature in the fwd family car segment. The new Legacy won't double sales.

If it does double sales, Subaru will have to play the same high incentive game. What's the point of selling double the cars for the less or no profit to losing money on units?

Right now, family cars seem to be more if liability then asset for car companies.

The 05-09 LGT is to the 2010+ what Windows XP is to VISTA. A better, faster, more glamorous, more established, more nimble, easily upgradeable platform that can still does a better job while spanning a decade of automobile design.

You know what? The more I think about it, the more accurate that similie is! I guess then we'll have to wait for 2012 Legacy Service Pack 2 :lol:

I do not understand one thing: why SOA needs all these trolls on our forum after realizing they more than likely messed up, when this could just as easily have been averted by simply designing a better looking car, then throwing current Subaru owners a survey as to which features they'd like to see, or offering the JDM/ROW version in North America.

By the way, since Canada harmonized their bumper laws with the rest of the world, wouldn't logic kick in and offer us the ROW version instead of the watered-down USDM?

And Subaduba, I'd brush up on my spelling and grammar if I were you.

In an expanding market, focusing on market share is a secondary consideration. 1.1% of an expanding market means sales increases year to year.

In a contracting market, Subaru's 1.1% of the marketplace becomes target #1 for the bigger players, because there is no other place to go to get sales. This is sales and marketing 101. Any marketing changes Subaru makes in this climate is primary to preserving and expanding market share, even at the expense of margin.

I'd bet my house there are white boards in the V.P. of sales office at GM, VW, Honda, et al with Subaru's market share noted, and a big hand written message next to it saying the equivalent of "TAKE IT".

The automotive industry is going to get bloodier, and if Subaru's market share is not expanded, I would not be surprised to see Toyota with a controlling interest in Subaru sooner rather than later.

The market may not always be right, but the market always wins.

Archived