LegacyGT.com

did my backup camera today, brief write up..

16psibrick

that i was never sure of, even when i was in PA, but i do know tha ti have yet to have any of my custoemrs get pulled over for it, i guess it sorta goes along with tint on the front windows issue...its you are driving like an idiot, cops can perhaps can give you a ticket for that too, but its something that depending on state and jurisdiction, wont get you pulled over by it self...

probably have done 30 or so cameras in the past few years, about 70 percent of them through the license plate, simply becuase thats usually hte best angle and doesnt leave a noticable hole in the car...and no one i know has been pulled over :)

b

dynamat extreme is good stuff course, but i will take edead anyday over it, and thats not becuase i am a elemental dealer. its because:

1. ALOT cheaper than dynamat

2. Same butyl based construction so no asphalt smell :)

3. and this is the best, its a lot softer and more flexible than dynamat extreme and there for much easier to work with. I used to cut myself all the time on the razor sharp edges of dynamat extreme all the time.

for pricing, go to www.edesignaudio.com, and if you order, just tell them Bing from simplicity in sound referred you :)

b

I need your advise on how to access the inner part of the trunk, i will be doin my own camera installation, and i need to know how to access the stuff under the "fake carpet" and the metal of the trunk. Thank you.

in OH i do know esoteric sound and performance

www.esotericsoundandperformance.com

tell the guy 16psibrick from carsound.com forums referred you...but its going to be very expesnive to do it all...

i heave seen anyhwere between 1-3000 dollars for dampening of an entire vehicle, that involves removing the interior and covering it all in dampening :)

b

I need your advise on how to access the inner part of the trunk, i will be doin my own camera installation, and i need to know how to access the stuff under the "fake carpet" and the metal of the trunk. Thank you.

you have a sedan right? well, i am brand new to the LGT world so i may not be of much help yet...but, i am doing a stereo in a fellow members LGT sedan first week of may, and i can take a closer look at it for you fi you can wait that long...

but in general,. all modern cars come apart with tabs :)

b

i ahvetn used bquiet so i dont really know, all i can compare it to is dynamat ultra, whcih i find it pretty much just as good but easier to work with :)

noticable difference? well depends on how perceptive you are...

i have done 3 layers on doors 3-4 on floor on an entire car once, and it went from pretty loud to quiet as a tomb :)

b

Great write up, your system looks really good!! MY question to you is, aren't you worried about your amp overheating?

I have my amp mounted in the foam Rack above the spare and it goes into thermal protection mode after about 1.5-2 hrs of continuous play.

well, firstly, some amps, like the DLS, never overheats, i have never seen a dls overheat :)

but...there are two remedies:

1. the DLS ultimate line of amps have ab uilt in FAN control output, those two wires you see all the way to the right are indeed for htat purpose...i already ran the wires, so if i do run into overheating issues, i can simply plug two fans underneath, there is a gap between the board and the foam, and air can flow up and through it

2. the coveringpiece i will be redoing so there is a HUGE port with mesh and then carpet overit, emaning the top cover will be breathable :)

overall, i dont expect to have to do the fans, but if i do need it, i have a back up plan :)

b

if you need fans, I've got two extras and a Stinger fan controller. My amps are under the floor and don't overheat (JL Stealthbox in the corner so I could keep my spare ;) ).

hehe, i got over 20 fans in stock here :)

the dls's onbaord controller is nice, it turns on and varies fan speed base don internal temp :) but like i said, quality amps like DLS ultimate line almost never overheats :) my old arc 5150 xxk has been stuffed for so long and itnever once went into thermal protect :)

b

hehe DLS has been around for a while, high end swedish brand. over the last 3-4 years they have really made a name for themselves as a very high quality brand name. most known for their spekares amps.

their speakres range from 75 dollar replacemnt caoxials to 1400 dollar components (the set i am running in my car)...i prefer DLS as one of my top three spkeares along with morel and AVI becuase they are so smooth.

a lot of seasoned iasca comp veterans and world champions have run DLS...

one example that immediately comes to mind, and a name that you should recognize, is Scott Bulwalda :) competed in iasca expert class with a nissan 240, he won a championship with a nissan altima loaded with DLS :)

another name you might recognize is Steve Head :)

www.dlsamerica.com

or

www.dls.se

b

Archived