LegacyGT.com

Diamondplate Mudflaps

What do you think of these mudflaps?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of these mudflaps?

• Like 'em
    • Hate 'em
    • Indifferent

First of all, i was really sick of all the snow and ice that was piling up both in the wheel well and on the underside of my car.

Second of all, this is an NA, i wouldn't have done this if it was turbo. Also now have over 100k miles on this girl.

Third of all, i got the material for free, family owns a welding shop and took some diamondplate off the racks... i didn't feel like paying the cash for OEM or some rallyarmor ones... these are stronger anyways.

I for one think they are pretty sweet, this is a daily driver, ain't no show car. i'm happy with how they turned out, just wanted to post to give more ideas to people that go places that "cars shouldn't go", this is more for protection than anything.

mudflaps3.thumb.jpg.0f5e592ee7eca42d91aece399b8ca15f.jpg

mudflaps4.thumb.jpg.f3ba1143d3065bccf69269a077eed29a.jpg

Not a fan...Makes it a bit redneckish...

did i mention i'm a huge fan of dirt track racing, i hunt and fish, i live on a lake, and i wear flannel from time to time, i plan on getting a 4x4 in the next month, and plan on eventually turning that 4x4 into an off road rig?:lol:

did i mention i'm a huge fan of dirt track racing, i hunt and fish, i live on a lake, and i wear flannel from time to time, i plan on getting a 4x4 in the next month, and plan on eventually turning that 4x4 into an off road rig?:lol:

ROFL Well played :lol:

OMG that black would be a bitch to paint... powdercoat not out of the question though, they'll probably come off in the summer and back on in the fall if i don't get lazy

Why would it be so hard to paint? get some rustoleum spray paint, take them off and have at it :p

Leave them on and I suspect you will find out why mudflaps are universally .... flexible. ;)

Otherwise, your car and your flaps. :)

I will add that mudflaps are a personal thing. Normally I don't like them, thinking they take away from the looks of a car and add an element of ..... you know. But my new 3.0R has them, black factory mudflaps, and I'm glad they're there. I also have that air deflector for the moonroof, am glad it's there, too, even though it also joins the mudflaps as good to have but wish were invisible.

+1 for ingenuity and putting one's thoughts into action.

Just one detail - they are stiff, which means that if they hook into something you may get a bit of damage.

A rubber hinge would make them less prone to cause damage to the car, but also make sure that they aren't able to damage the tire if they flip "backwards" then.

A plastic or rubber mudflap won't suffer from this problem, since the worst thing then will be a broken mudflap.

But it's up to you what you like.

453747.png

Now throw on a trailer hitch and a set of these ...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/114/298408275_23120dcfe3.jpg?v=0

... now your talkin!

I have the Subaru ones they're better then nothing but salt spray still gets up the sides.

see, this isn't supposed to appeal to that many people, damn city slickers. haha.

like some other people said, it's your car. it wasn't really my choice to get a car, i just knew i needed decent gas mileage for moving back and forth from school constantly, and i always liked subaru, but why not implement stuff more for function... at least i'm not trying to put a body kit on it or neons and fart cans on it... with a huuuuge spoiler.

to each their own, and diamondplate is more for country folk and rednecks anyways. or apparently your floor if you are a fast and the furious type of retard ;)

i'm probably also getting a bug deflector if i feel like burnin some cash :lol:

and pretty tempted to run CB on my car. the car will never be a powerhouse (can't justify swapping for a DOHC...) so, unless i win the lotto and purchase a ls9 to slide under the hood, this particular subaru will forever be a SOHC EJ25.

Archived